PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Intrusive/Invasive thoughts

JM9258
11-11-11, 01:37
Hey, just wanted to know from anyone on how you deal with thoughts that could be either of a violent and/or sexual nature, if anyone can help me I be much appreciated, Thanks again! :)

---------- Post added at 01:37 ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 ----------

It's just that these are part of my anxiety and i'm currently on propranolol for it and I would NEVER act upon them, again if anybody can give me any advice I would be very grateful, Thanks! :)

sofie19
11-11-11, 03:43
i joined this site amazed at all the different drugs people are taking, I have binned all mine, I have struggled the past 2 years not had an attack for at least 3 months and just had a really bad one tonight shaking from head to toe, running back and forth to the toilet i drink lots of water that helps, and distract my self playing games on the computer, sorry your having these thoughts :shrug:

dawnie24
11-11-11, 06:07
I get the thoughts were I think I'm dieing/feel like I wanna commit suicide/like I'm gonna faint/feel like I was gonna harm someone/feel like I shouldn't be here... I've had all different ones .. The worse bein I felt like my own children weren't mine (it upset me why did I feel like that) ... My son were born on 10th may this year and I had to stay in hospital he woke me up at 2am for a feed oit of the blue an anxiety attack came on I couldnt hold my own son I didn't want too the midwife practically sorted him out, how bad is that.. Everyday now I think why?! I love my 3. Children more than anythin in the world

ronski
11-11-11, 08:22
You have to acknowledge them and then allow them to be there without adding any extra emotion to them. So getting angry, upset, frustrated is not the way forward. Go forward with inner peace knowing they are just inward manifestations of a sensitised central and autonomic nervous system. Using this will dull there response and they will over time become nothing of importance to you and then they will go.

theharvestmouse
11-11-11, 20:50
I've thought terrible thoughts but then I just told myself they are thoughts and I'm not or never will act on them and they dissapear.

swgrl09
11-11-11, 22:56
Have you looked into Mindfulness Meditation? They have some good videos and cds/podcasts out there if you to a web search. It helps you to acknowledge thoughts and then just let them go and accept that they are there but that is all.

JohnBliss
12-11-11, 18:13
I agree entirely with the other sentiments-just accept them and let them pass -we have thousands of thoughts during the day and they'll soon be replaced with something more pleasant-distraction always helps especially if it demands mental concentration eg a crossword or puzzle
All the best
John