PDA

View Full Version : anixety attack in public places

dawnie24
11-11-11, 05:37
I get anxiety attacks a lot in public places :s they come out of the blue and I start wobbling etc then I have to get out of that place coz it feels as if I'm gonna collaps :s how can I stop this from happenin

Mr.Jitters
11-11-11, 15:56
Hey dawnie24,

I had a lot of situational panic attacks, too. I found that CBT really helped me to understand that it will pass, and it cannot hurt us in any way. Escape only fuels the anxiety, so staying in the situation until the anxiety passes is the only way to overcome it. At first, even a few extra seconds before I had to leave helped. Now, despite shaking like a leaf, I wait it out because I know that it will pass, and more often than not I have no anxiety in situations that would have crippled me before. Good luck, you can do it!

Lion King
28-11-11, 21:47
Good advice from Mr Jitters, the CBT techniques really work!

Lonewollfy3
04-12-11, 19:45
Hi Dawnie24, I've panicked in places mainly when I was younger, and mainly now I'm not in the similar situations its hard to get out of this but take comfort in the fact that all people with SA have done this ? I've probably been in situations that when I was younger would have sent me onto a full on panic, when you start feeling self concious your start getting anxious what make it worse is if your drinking or eating it literally can become a night mare the more you show with your hands the worst it gets, then theres depression after plus the replaying of the situation and the back of the head self splapping, kicking yourself, this part of my sa seemed to clear up on its self I can sit in groups without full on panicking, remember you've got a mental health condition, which others have'nt, and dont beat yourself up for being like it, this will help you, there's a lott more understanding of sa than there was when I was young, which is a great thing its put my mind at rest going on these sites, even tho I'd partially come to terms with my problem ATB Tim

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

hit the wrong button with the question mark every one with sa Have panicked in public place ATB

soulsearcher
14-12-11, 12:49
hi dawnie24 The same used to happen to me now I take antidepressants but I used to get very bad panic attacks break out in a sweat now they don't happen. but mine started again
and i was in the super market doing shopping then i felt like i was going to faint. I decided to do to the pharmacist and ask to check my blood but i was fine nothing wrong I did not feel like it at the time never had one like it since Like the people say on here there are lots of books out there and professional services I am using one at the moment its though the nhs in my area I hope you feel well soon