PDA

View Full Version : Taking the bull by the horns

kate
20-04-04, 18:33
This may not seem too big a deal to anyone else, but I'm feeling dead pleased with myself.

I have been feeling SO ill for the last few weeks and yesterday I decided that things had got to change cos I couldn't carry on anymore the way I was feeling. [xx(]

Anyway, as a lot of you will know, I work as a dinner lady 3 hours a day and I really enjoy getting out of the house and I have a good time at work.

Anyway, one of my work mates is now leaving so I applied to do her hours which is 5 and a half per day [:0]

So, to cut a long story short, I have been offered the extra hours and I feel as if I have made a big decision not to just sit back in my cosy 3 hours and to really get myself to move forward.

I know that it is only working in a school kitchen but I will still be getting the school hols off and getting paid more money!!

I feel really proud of myself so thought that I would give myself a BIG pat on the back!! :D:D:D

Kate x

sarah
20-04-04, 18:39
Hiya Kate

You get a massive pat on the back from me too mate..thats great news!!!:D

You say you are 'only' a dinner lady...well thats one up on me mate..im too nuts to be allowed out the house. ;)

When do you start your new hours?

love Sarah
xx[:X]

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
20-04-04, 18:56
Dear Kate,

Many congratulations on finding the motivation to even apply for the extra hours when you've been feeling so dismal recently and a great clap for getting it too.

Nothing is an 'only' job. Everyone who is employed is providing a vital service for someone or the job wouldn't exist.
It may not be an academic role but that is not anything really any more. Having you off to look after your kids during holidays is your priority.

Be proud of what you do Kate, I'm sure you do it 100%, probably more so than many who shuffle paper in an office and you enjoy it and that's the most important of all when you're feeling low.

So, are you going in earlier or coming out later now ?

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

kate
20-04-04, 19:07
Hiya Sarah and Meg,

My old hours were 11.45 - 2.45. I will now be doing 9 - 2.30, starting on Friday!!

The scary part is that I'm not feeling scared at all, just excited!!

Kate x

sadie
20-04-04, 19:58
Hi Kate,

Just wanted to say 'well done' for plucking up the courage to take on more hours at work and its great your more excited about it than worried about it. This will show you just how far you have come.

Take care

sadie

imported_n/a
20-04-04, 19:58
hey hi kate that is good news any step no matter how small is one to you and one the panic has lost good one kate keep it up,,mines fishfingers and chips please no pudding ,,darrenxxxx

kate
20-04-04, 20:37
Thanks, Sadie and Darren!

I've e mailed your fishfingers and chips Darren! :)

Kate x

Laurie28
21-04-04, 11:52
Kate,

I think thatt is great news!!! Stop putting yourself down will you. You do a great service (if it wasn't for the dinnerladies my son would be grabbing a quick sandwich)

I agree with Meg your job is probably alot more interesting than paper shufflers (me) and you get to see the kids happy faces (yes Charlie I'm sure there are happy children at Kates school!!!!!)

Anyway well done and good luck!!!

Love
lucky

pips
21-04-04, 16:39
Hi Kate :D

Just read your news! Congratualtions & well done you. ;)

Thats really POSITIVE Kate! [^]

I'll have to start calling you PMT Kate from now on!

( Oh for anyone that doesn't know what that means. Its my little saying PMT PIP's [^] which mean POSITIVE MENTAL THINKING) So I wasn't being rude [:I] HONEST!! [:0]

Anyway Kate Fab News & good luck for Friday!! :)

Keep me posted ;)

Take care

Love Pip's XX [:X]

sal
21-04-04, 19:12
Hi Kate

Well done on putting yourself forward for the exta hours, like Pips says you will have to be PMT Kate from now on!!!! Pleased you are exicited about Friday, and hope that feeling really last for you. What have we done with Mary!!!!! We'll have to send Pips out to find her. Talk soon & keep up that PMT (but you can share it with me Ha ha!!!)

Lots of love Sal xxx

Meg
23-04-04, 11:53
Dear Kate,

Looking forward to hearing how today went !!

Meg

sal
23-04-04, 17:49
Hiya Kate

Hope today went really well for you & you enjoyed it. Let me know how it went as soon as you can. Was thinking about you. Speak soon. Take care

Lots of love Sal

kate
23-04-04, 18:02
Hiya Meg and Sal,

It went ok ta, but I'm not too good at remembering new things and this new job really stretched my concentration levels to the limit!!

I've written 2 A4 pieces of paper with notes on what I have to do and when I have to do them!!

I'm sure that when I am more confident in "knowing" the job routine, I will be fine.

I just am not one for change and always find it hard to settle into something new.

All down to the lack of self confiedence thing I think!!

That said, the day flew by and apart from thinking that I'll never remember to do everything on Monday,I quite enjoyed myself!!

Will let you know how I feel after doing it for a week!!!

I think I just need to chill a bit and take it in my stride.

Thanks for thinking about me!

Kate x

pips
23-04-04, 20:39
Well done Kate Glad all went well for you today

Take care & hope you have a nice weekend.

Love Pip's XX

sarah
23-04-04, 21:00
Hiya Kate

Im so glad it went ok for you today. I was thinking of you today wondering how you got on...did you hear my positive vibes for you?...lol

yep you are right..as soon as you get into the stride of it, it will become second nature and you will gain more confidence.

good on you mate!!

love Sarah xx

sal
23-04-04, 21:06
Kate

Well done you did it and that is a really positive move forward. Dont worry about the concentration, once you are into it it will become second nature. Everyone struggles to get to grips with a new job. You be proud of yourself. Confidence comes in time to, and the fact you have coped on your first day in a new job is confidence enough. Keep me up to date how it is all going.

Lots of love

Sal xxxxxx

kate
23-04-04, 21:20
Awwww Pip's, Sarah and Sal.

You are all so nice!!

Thanks for the kind words.

Kate x

mico
24-04-04, 00:45
Woohooo, go Kate![8D]

Your always telling me you never do anything to help yourself - were you never warned that your nose will grow telling tall tales? - sounds like you've taking a big step forward, and your even enjoying it too by the sounds of it. Hope the new job goes well, I'm sure you'll be into the swing of it in no time, you'll be running the school before long!

Good luck

mico

nomorepanic
24-04-04, 18:03
Kate

You know that I am proud of you for doing these extra hours and making the move to take on more. Well done you ok?

I am sure that next week you will start to get the hang of it and you will have it sussed by Friday.

Keep going forward like this and we will get you cured in no time!

xxx

Nicola

kate
24-04-04, 21:25
Thanks Mico and Nic,

I'm worrying about Monday already, this making yourself move forward is dead scary!!

Kate x

stimpy
24-04-04, 23:36
Well done Kate !

Many congratulations!

Keep up the good work and try not to worry too much about the scary stuff.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

sarah
26-04-04, 17:52
Hiya Kate

How did it go today? Was it as scarey as you thought?

love Sarah
xx

kate
26-04-04, 19:48
Hiya Sarah,

No, wasn't half as scary as it was in my mind!! [:I]

It went fine thanks. Had a bit of a PA, couldn't breathe type of experience, as I was about to leave the house :(

But, once I got there and got stuck in, found it much better than I expected.

Thanks for asking about me, Sar!!

Kate x

nomorepanic
26-04-04, 20:24
Well done Kate

Sorry to hear about the minor PA but it didn't stop you going so well done to you for fighting back.

Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good but without the panic attack.

xx

Nicola

Meg
26-04-04, 20:57
Well Done Kate for keeping going and managing so well.

Meg

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

kate
26-04-04, 21:01
Hiya Nic,

Thanks for thinking of me.

Last night, when I was going to bed, I was dead scared about the day ahead.

I suddenly thought "oh well, I just got to feel the fear and do it anyway".

I then suddenly felt more positive about it but that had faded by this morning!

You know that fear that just overwhelms you and makes you want to run away? Well, that was how I felt this morning. And then the PA followed!

Few squirts of good old Rescue Remedy and a nice fag later, I headed off for work.

Now I've done it once, hopefully it won't seem so daunting tomorrow.

Kate x

kate
26-04-04, 21:02
Hiya Meg,

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement.

Kate x

mico
26-04-04, 21:13
It's inevitable that your going to feel that kind of anxiety when your starting a new job Kate, the important thing is that you done it, and I'm sure it'll get easier too. Keep it up, your doing well.

mico

kate
26-04-04, 21:32
Thanks for that, Mico :D

Kate x

brill
27-04-04, 13:41
Wow well done Kate I wish I had your spirit I just don,t seem to be brave enough to do things like that.And KATE SORRY.:)

Never give up
Never give in
Life,s to short
Make it last :)
Brill

kate
27-04-04, 15:27
Brill,

You never know what you are capable of til you just get out there and do it.

I have been feeling absolutely s**t the last few weeks, and still feel quite low even now.

BUT, I realised that staying in the same position in my life was not going to change how I feel.

Ok, I have been doing the longer hours for only 2 days now, but I still feel dead panicky about it all.

I have also discovered that my adiction to nicotine is real bad!!

I now have a fag at 8.30am and my break is not til 12.30, so discovered I can't go 4 hours without a nicotine fix.

How sad is this? I'm having half a nicotine chewing gum at 10am, this then takes me through til 12.30 when I spit it out and light a fag!!!

Anyway, I'm veering away from the point.

I could stay doing 3 comfy hours a day at work or push myself to do more.

Yes, I feel panicky, yes I want to run away from it all, but I wont.

The best motto I find is "feel the fear, and do it anyway". And it is completely true.

Panicking at work is just the same as panicking at home, only your getting paid for it!!

Brill, I'm not a strong person. I am just a depressed, panicking person who is making myself face up to my fears.

There is no magic involved, just the need to make yourself do things that you fear.

Take care

Kate x

sal
28-04-04, 14:00
Hi Kate

Hope work has gone ok for you today and you remembered to feed the teachers!!! You seem to have settled in well and we all have to remember even normal people get nervous. So how ar you feeling now, i bed this has given you a confidence boost. Speak soon.

Lots of love Sal xxxxx

kate
28-04-04, 15:15
Hiya Sal,

The worst part is having to start work at 9am after being used to an 11.45am start.

I always feel worse in the morning like I think most of us panickers do.

By dinner time I have calmed down and tell myself that tomorrow I wont be panicky at work.

But, it hasn't worked so far and I still feel as if I'm walking a thin line between holding it together and freaking out.

But, I wont give in, no matter how bad it makes me feel cos that isn't the answer is it?

Hope you are well, Sal, speak to you soon

Kate x

Meg
06-05-04, 23:18
Hi Kate,

How are you doing with your new hours ?

Meg

kate
07-05-04, 15:16
Hiya Meg,

Still getting used to the, but it's getting easier.

Don't like the 9am start much but once I'm over the first hour or so, I don't feel so bad.

The first week I was all for asking for my old hours back, but I have decided that there is no way I'm giving up!!!

Thanks for asking Meg and I will reply to your e mail as soon as I get time!!

Kate x

Meg
07-05-04, 15:20
Good for you Kate.

What a massive inner energy shift you've had these last few weeks .

Meg

mico
07-05-04, 22:06
Hi Kate

Glad it's going ok, I don't think there's many of us like 9am starts though;). It's good to see that your still positive about this too, I think anyone in a similar situation would be tempted to go back to their old hours, you should be proud that you've plodded on and stuck with it. You'll probably find that it keeps getting easier too as time goes on.

Hope it keeps going well

mico

kate
07-05-04, 22:19
Hiya Mico,

Thanks for the words of support.

It isn't easy at all, but I wont give in!!!

It's already getting easier, getting more used to it and the increased pay packet will be nice!

How are you doing?

Kate x

sal
09-05-04, 00:20
Hi Kate

Youre doing really well and well pointed out the pay packet will be a bonus. But we all know money isnt everything when compared to are health and how many times would we give it all to feel NORMAL again. I spoke to my mate the other day when felt really bad and said id lost the plot, her response made me laugh and said id never had it to lose. Reassurance goes so far!!!! LOL But you have done really well with work and although it easy you have come this far and every day will get easier for you. We both know even if work is fine and we are the ones having bad days we can blame work etc but its just how we feel when we wake up. You carry on how you are and be proud of what youve achieved in only a few weeks. Let me know whats happening with the house you want to buy to, is the guy that owns it going to do the work or knock the price down. Keep in touch.

Lots of love Sal xxxxx

kate
09-05-04, 08:42
Hiya Sal,

Lovely to hear from you.

I still wake up in a panic, every day, even on none work days, though I must admit work days are the worst.

I think that people see you being able to go to work and feel that you are probably feeling better and more able to cope.

Nothing could be further from the truth!

I find it a real battle to force myself to go to work and especially so since I increased my hours.

But, the last few months I have been feeling very bad, depressed and anxious and nothing was changing.

So, when the opportunity arose to increase my hours, I saw it as an opportunity to move forward.

Not easy, and I still panic like hell, but I panic at home as well, so what the heck eh?

Anyway, the house move!

We have told the estate agent about the problems picked up on the survey and the owner is going to get it put right. But, we are still getting in our own professional to inspect the work once it has been carried out.

Luckily, my dad works in the building trade, as a building inspector, and he knows someone who will carry out the inspections FREE!!!

So, at least if it turns out to be a load of c**p, we wont have shelled out any more dosh!!

Take care, Sal, and hope to see you in chat again soon

Kate x

kate
13-05-04, 18:19
Hiya All,

Well, after getting used to the new hours and even quite enjoying the job, along comes another hurdle to knock me back 10 paces.

We have been having a bit of an ongoing problem with a member of staff and the new boss who only started at the end of February.

Our workmate has caused several problems in the past and when the new boss started, she was right up her backside from the word go.

A couple of other members of staff have been on the receiving end of our workmates accusations and nasty words and say the bare minimum to her on a daily basis.

This week, though, things have kicked off big time.

This workmate, I will refer to her as "H", phoned someone who used to work with us, and has been slagging everyone off.

My other friend from work has been accused by the boss of harrassing "H" and accused of gross misconduct. The boss is siding with "H", to make matters worse.

My friend has now gone off work sick, as she can't handle the stress.

The atomosphere is absolutely terrible, with no one wanting to talk to "H" as she has also stirred things where she lives and actually driven one family from the estate.

Last night, when my friend told me she was going off on the sick, I was absolutely panic stricken worrying that "H" would be asked to come in and cover my friends job which would have meant the two of us working together.

I woke up with a splitting head and when I arrived at work, I was shaking and having a panic attack.

I stood outside having a fag, and when I finally went in the boss asked me if I was alright. I replied "No" and promptly burst into tears! (felt a right idiot).

Anyway, she took me into the office and I told her I couldn't cope with the terrible atmosphere any longer.

All she kept on about was how "H" was also upset yesterday and how she was being victimised etc etc.

This is just so not true. "H" has caused all of the trouble there but the boss is backing her up.

The boss will not listen to anyone elses point of view at all.

I always keep well out of anything like that, hiding away in the background, never getting involved.

We then had a meeting at lunch time and were basically told to stop picking on "H" and that she has got rights to go to a tribunal because of the way she has been treated.

I am sitting here still with a splitting head, not wanting to go back to work.

Although I'm not directly involved in any of the conflict, the atmosphere rubs off on everyone and I can't take working in that environment.

Hubby has told me just to leave but I don't want to. What would I do then? sit home all day doing nothing?

Anyway, just had to get all this off my chest as I had several panic attacks during the day having not had any for a few weeks.

Thanks for listening

Kate x

sarah
13-05-04, 18:42
Hiya Kate

Its awful when people cause atmosphere like that isnt it. We had a girl at work who sounds very similar but fortunately I caught her doing something against regulations and ended up having to give her the sack...not a very nice feeling but it had to be done and the atmosphere was completely diferent after she left..we all became really good mates.
i can understand how you are feeling as I was hating the situation and I didnt suffer panic then either.
i dont know what the best thing would be mate...maybe keep your head down and be polite to her in passing so she doesnt accuse you of anything...
Another thing to think on....this girl I worked with it turned out has serious problems of her own..her dad was having an affair and so was her boyfriend and they slpit up and it sent her over the edge. No excuse for her behavior but she was taking it out on us as we were the ones who saw her for 8 hours a day. Maybe this person has problems too? (then again, maybe she's just one of those vindictive people who do it for fun. who knows?)

love Sarah
xx

mico
13-05-04, 22:13
HI Kate

Sounds like a pretty rough time at work at the moment, good to hear that you still want to stick with it though. Try to think of it this way, it sounds as if the tension has built up over time and has came to a head when your friend has left which has left the worst possible atmosphere around the place, but when you have been panicing today you have to realise that the tension today was probably at the worst it will ever be and every day from now the tension is likely to drop until it settles at a comfortable level, plus because you have dealt with this tension you'll find it a lot easier when the atmosphere drops a little. When your so anxious about something it becomes very hard to see the positive side but it'll be there. Hopefully your friend will be back to work soon too.

Hang in there, hope it goes ok.

mico

Meg
14-05-04, 16:48
Kate,

So pleased to hear that previous to this you've not been having any panic for a few weeks . Thats great news.

About all this upset at work, you've very done well to cope at all.

Its hard when it seems unfair.

You ensure that you have done nothing to upset either the supervisor or H and are doing your job well.

If there are any incidents that you witness or are involved with do write it all down and keep it somewhere just in case you get asked at a later date .

Sounds like H has threatened 'tribunal' and thats enough to scare most new managers....

It will all come out in the wash and it needn't drive you from a job you're enjoying and are doing so well at .

Keep us posted ..

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

kate
14-05-04, 16:59
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Things were a bit better today, have decided that if I'm not directly involved, I will just keep out of it. Not easy though when it is simmering away and nothing has got sorted.

Let's just hope that "H" trips herself up and ends up being shown the door!

At least my headache has gone now..........!!

Kate x

sal
14-05-04, 17:56
Hi Kate

Like you needed all this when you were doing so well. Just hope the saying what goes round comes round in H's case. You dont need that added stress when you have got yourself into the routine of the job and starting enjoying. Like you say dont get involved but it isnt just that is it its the atmosphere that goes with it, it effects everyone and i am not surprised you have been having panic attacks. Pleased the headache has gone now!!!!!!!! We are all here for you and you have done so well try not to let the push back. Hopefully one day H will get what she deserves, but it takes time. Hang in there. Take care.

Lots of love Sal xxxx

kate
14-05-04, 18:01
Hiya Sal,

"H" is on top of the world at the moment, making a point of talking to everyone and singing along to the bloody radio!

I find that I only have to hear her voice and I feel on edge!

I am determined though not to let it get the better of me. Hopefully her comeuppance will happen sooner rather than later!

Take care, Sal

Kate x

sal
14-05-04, 18:13
Kate

She definately sounds as she totally full up on herself. But dont worry the higher she gets the harder it will be when she falls.

Take care and dont let her get to you

Lots of love Sal xxx

pips
14-05-04, 22:53
Sorry to hear you are going through a bad time Kate!

Theres always one person isn't there that makes everything c***p!!

I really hope it gets sorted for you! Be strong Kate & have as much PMT as you want! I'm giving it away!!!!

Thinking of you and I'm here if you need me!

Love PMT PIP'S XX

kate
15-05-04, 13:15
Hiya Pips,

Good to hear from you.

I was supposed to be going to my parents house today but haven't had a very good nights sleep and woke up with another blinding headache.

Can't even see straight today so no way could I have driven the half hour to my parents.

They are coming over here instead.

BUT, all this c**p at work has now spilled over into my weekend.

Beautiful day here and was really looking forward to visiting my parents.

I'm totally fed up with the situation. It is ruling my life 7 days a week now.

It needs sorting, and it needs sorting NOW.

I have never felt so frustrated with a situation before, knowing that nothing is going to change in the forseeable future.

Take care, Pips

Kate x

pips
16-05-04, 16:35
Sorry Kate,

I know it's so frustrating isn't it! My Hubby had a problem at work last night & instead of people helping him or trying to sort the problem out. They made him feel really c***p.

You get to realise how cruel this world can be! & sometimes the more you do the more it gets thrown back in your face don't you think!

I had my appraisal at work the other day & they made me feel so guilty for now wanting to have a more responsible position. They still want me to do more training its compulsory! They won't just leave me alone to do my job and care. I have been in charge in the past in other jobs. I just don't want that any more! I don't want to tell them about my anxiety etc... so in a no win situation really!

I really hope the situation gets sorted for you soon Kate. Fingers crossed for u X

Hope your heads better & you had a nice time with your parents & it didnt get spoiled to much by your frustrations!

Take care

Love PMT PIP'S XX

kate
16-05-04, 16:59
Hiya Pips,

Nice to hear from you.

Went to bed at 9.30pm last night. Slept til 8 this morning and headache has gone.

I have never worked in such an atmosphere as the one I find myself in at the moment.

I get angry and frustrated that the boss wont listen to the other 11 people who work there. She just sides with "H".

I'm trying to put tomorrow out of my mind until it actually is here.

If I wake up with another bad head, I aint going into work!

Take care

Kate x

pips
18-05-04, 10:49
Thinking of you Kate,

Hope situations getting sorted and your Boss is taking your views on board!

If not is there someome higher up again to whom you can take this matter?

All the best Kate

Take care

Love PMT PIP'S XX

sal
10-06-04, 20:32
Hiya Kate

How has it been since you have been back at work. Are you feeling ok with it hon? How has our NOT nice friend H been like, still causing trouble and crawling round the boss!!!! Well just a quick post to see how you are? Speak to you soon.

Lots of love Sal xxxxxx

kate
10-06-04, 21:25
Hiya Sal,

Well, as you know I was off work on Monday and Tuesday with dicky tum!

Went back Wednesday, felt a bit queesy as I was mixing the eggs for the egg mayonaise LOL.

Anyway, yesterday had a bad head and it was about 100 degrees in the canteen kitchen.

Woke up still with headache today and kept feeling dizzy at work so got sent home at 2 oclock.

Dunno whether it's still the bug taking it's toll, the heat or panic or a combination of it all.

Got home, chilled in the garden doing the watering, and the headache has now gone.

The atmosphere at work is still so false, everyone being nicey, nicey to each other, with H still creeping up the bosses ass LOL.

Although I really do like the job,5 and a half hours of being nice and working in high temperatures doesn't seem to be doing the panic any favours.

Anyway, only another 5 weeks and we break up for the 6 week holiday, so will hang on til then, so as I get paid, and see how I feel afterwards.

Anyway, thanks for asking, and speak to you soon

Kate x

sal
10-06-04, 22:04
Hi Kate

Sorry to hear that you got sent home, but was a nice day to be in the garden LOL but on a more serious note the heat doesnt help when at work does it. Its ok when we are chilling in our gardens!!! Probably you are still getting over your bug, and with the heat and our added problem of anxiety was just too much for you. I hope you are going to take tomorrow of to help get yourself totally recovered from the bug. Spend the weekend chilling out at the gym. As for H she wont keep her fame forever!!!!!

Take care.

Lots of love Sal xxxxx

sal
20-06-04, 00:54
Hi Kate

Good to talk to you tonight. You sounded quite low, but i hope you know if you want to talk i am here. I know you have had a blib, i understand that by what i have heard, but remember you are strong and you can get through this. I hope work goes ok for you next week, please let me know how you are getting on. You take care and remember H is nothing compared to you.

Lots of love Sal xxxxxxx

Even your darkest hour only last 60 minutes!!

Sal

kate
20-06-04, 10:49
Hiya Sal,

Yea, everything seems to be going wrong at the moment.

Was my first time in chat for a week and it now feels all wrong and I didn't enjoy it at all and found I was keeping my mouth well zipped.

My daughter is going to France tomorrow til Friday. My mind has been working overtime with worry and I will miss her so much it hurts.

I keep crying and feeling very, very strange like I'm totally losing the plot.

Nic is away next week as well, so unfortunately wont have her to lean on either.

Doesn't seem any way up at the moment. Just want daughters trip out of the way and maybe I will feel better til the next anxiety provoking incident arises.

Thanks for caring, Sal

Kate x

lainey
20-06-04, 11:39
Hi Kate,

I'm sure when the time comes you won't feel as bad as u think while your daughter is away, is she allowed to make contact when she's away?
I hope work is better for you next week and if ever you want a chat you can email me. I'm not very good at giving advice but i've got a good ear for listening. I have only suffered with anxiety attacks for about 8-9 weeks so haven't got that much experience. I also work in a school as a secretary for 15 hrs a week and I have to tell you that we couldn't do without our dinner ladies. just think forward 4 weeks and then you've got 6 weeks off !! hooray

Take care, speak soon.

Elaine xxx

sal
20-06-04, 12:16
Hi Kate

Your daughter will be fine but i know you will worry about her. I bet the weeks flies over and she will soon be back home with you. I know Nic is away but i am here is you want to talk, we can help each other through our bad patch. Anytime you want to talk you know i am here for you. We will beat this blip sooner rather than later.

Take care and keep in touch.

Lots of love Sal xxxx

pips
21-06-04, 21:10
Hi Kate,

Sorry to hear you have been so down. I think there is something in the air I have been feeling a bit strange of late!! Well I seem to be more muddled then usual any way! LOL Anxiety and depression seem to be lurking its ugly head around me!

I bet you will be glad when your daughter gets back hey. Its so difficult isn't it.

Hope u r feeling better after your tummy bug and work has settlted down for you!!

Let us know how you are. I posted a couple of messages a while back for you in my Introduce yourself section not sure if you seen them or not?

Anyway take care and keep POSITIVE

Love PIP'S XX

kate
21-06-04, 21:25
Hiya Pips,

Nice to hear from you.

Haven't really been on the forum lately, but will check out your messages, promise!

I feel even worse now. Daughter just phoned me from France, crying that she misses us.

Of course, there is nothing I can do so just feel absolutely helpless.

Yea, seems like we are all in the depths of despair at the moment.

I for one will be glad when this week is over.

Take care

Kate x

Rennie1989
21-06-04, 21:31
hiya kate

y is ur daughter in frnace, holiday i hope

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

kate
21-06-04, 21:41
Hi Jade,

She is in France with the school, on a trip.

Kate x

sal
22-06-04, 11:21
Hi Kate

Sorry to hear you daughter phoned you upset, that wont have helped how you are feeling at all. Lets just pray this week flies by and she is home safe and sound soon. I know its easier said that done but try not to worry too much about her or you will make yourself feel even worse than you do at the moment.

I hope work is going ok for you, not long until you have a real break from it!! Of to get ready for work but will talk tonight. Take care hon

Lots of love Sal xxxx

Laurie28
22-06-04, 12:04
Kate,

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter was upset. Try and think though that even though you continue to be upset for her she has probably forgot all about it and is having a ball!! meanwhile leaving poor mum worrying!!!

Lucky

mico
22-06-04, 17:17
Hi Kate

Did you get my e-mail?

quote:Originally posted by kate

Was my first time in chat for a week and it now feels all wrong and I didn't enjoy it at all and found I was keeping my mouth well zipped.

That isn't anything to do with what I said is it?

Anyway, try not to worry too much about your daughter, she's probably having a great time in France. This is what I think about these situations; If she's not worried then you have no need to be, because if she's happy then that is all everybody wants out of life, to be happy. The chances of anything bad happening to your daughter are very slim, and she's at no greater risk than when she is at home, but in event of something bad happening(unlikely), then she would probably deal with it without having the huge amount of panic that we face when confronted with simple tasks, and then continue on in her usual cheerful way. The bottom line is that if she is happy then you can't ask for anything more, so try not to look at the whole situation too negatively.

does that make sense?

mico

sal
23-06-04, 20:12
Hi Kate

Not long now until she is back home with you. Have you heard anymore from her? How is work going? I hope you havent got yourself too down over worrying about your daughter, i do appreciate how hard it is, but you only have a couple of days now, so hang in there. Speak soon and you take care.

Lots of love Sal xxxxxx

kate
23-06-04, 21:59
Hiya Mico,

Thanks for the e mail. Everything you say makes so much sense, as usual!

NO, nothing to do with anything you said in chat room!!

I know what you are saying is spot on. The chances of anything happening to her is extremely slim.

Just the same old automatic negative thoughts popping up.

Thanks again for all your advise. You have been a great help to me over the months.

Sal,

She phoned yesterday from her friends mobile and asked me to phone her back, so goodness knows how much that cost me!!

She sounded a lot better but yes, I'm afraid I have been very down worrying about her.

Very anxious all day today and had a few minor PA's at work. I find when I'm very anxious I hold my breath which of course then makes me dizzy and I panic more.

Bit more trouble kicked off today at work, H as usual. It didnt involve me, but the atmosphere just sends me off panicking again.

Could definately have done without it on top of the daughter worry.

Thanks to you both for your replies

Kate x

mico
23-06-04, 22:12
Hi Kate

I was reffering to the e-mail, I said something about chatrooms and such being stressful, I thought you may have taken it too seriously.

Hope the rest of your week goes well, just think of how pleased you'll be when your daughter comes back!

mico

sal
23-06-04, 22:25
Hi Kate

Pleased you got to speak to her and she sounded a bit better. Sorry to hear about H, know it didnt involve you but still is hard working in an atmosphere like that. She will get her day we hope. Dont let her add to your troubles she really isnt worth it.

Will talk to you tomorrow, until then take care.

Lots of love Sal xxxxx

pips
24-06-04, 12:36
Hi Kate thanks for your message,

Sorry to here work is so rubbish for you at the mo! It's so hard isn't it as if we don't have enough to deal with hey!

Not long til your daughter comes home hey. Just think of the wonderful reunion hey!

I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and stay positive mate!

I am sending you a double dose of PMT! Hope this helps!

Take care

Love PMT PIP'S XX

sal
08-07-04, 21:24
Hi Kate

How is it going for you at the moment. Are you still feeling as down?:(

Just one week left then you get time of work, bet you cant wait for that. Hope the children are ok, but no doubt they will be as they will be looking forward to the holidays. Samantha is as high as a kite about been of school.

Got her report today and it was really good!!!!

Just a quick post to see how things are. Any more progress on the H saga. Youve got my mobile number give me a text and let me know how you are.

Love Sal xxxxx:)