PDA

View Full Version : why has this happened

joy
11-11-11, 09:03
I have been on 10mg citalopram for 4 weeks. In week 3 I was really good doing all sorts of things with no anxiety now this week its like it was at this beginning high anxiety and panic

Any answers?

Joy

pinkdove
11-11-11, 11:19
Hi joy, sorry to hear you are not so good , but it could just be a blip, however if it persists see your gp, 10mg is a very low dose, although it seems to have helped you already, that is a good sign, but you may need to increase your dose to get the maximum effects, and also 4 weeks is still a short time for the meds to kick in fully. take care and good luck x

joy
15-11-11, 11:24
The anxiety is getting worse I would be grateful for anybody who has found this happening on this med after having a good spell
I have been been on it for 5 weeks now

Joy

chappers1980
15-11-11, 11:31
My GP said this morning that 20% of people will need 10mg, 40% of people will need 20mg and the rest will probably need a higher dose.

joy
15-11-11, 12:47
Maybe thats te answer, seeing shrink next week Hope I can bear the anxiety til then.

Any one else got any comments or suggestions

Joy

nicola1980
15-11-11, 13:11
hi ive been on 20mg for 9 weeks now and was doing well but last thursday i went downhill been having numerous panic attacks and anxiety all day since so doc has upped me to 30mg as of today, apparantly even 20mg is only a maintenance dose of cit xx

loreen
15-11-11, 13:20
Hi
I think 20 mg is the maximum dose of escitalopram.Citalopram is less strong so needs a higher dose to be as effective.
I am on 10mg of escitalopram for anxiety/panic, and for the first few weeks was good.However now on week 6 and I feel less positive with quite a low mood as well as anxiety.Hope this is just a blip!