PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! new Lustral Sertraline user feel I'll!

Em84
11-11-11, 10:38
Hi everyone.
I would really appreciate some opinions from anyone whomhas taken Lustral...First of all I was diagnosed with Anxiety and mild depression over a year ago and my doctor put me on Citalopram (I took this for two days and could notmhandle the side effects so stopped taking them).
I them found out I was pregnant so my doctor told me I will just have to live with this until the pregnancy was over....
My pregnancy was fine for the last 6 months, I felt fine, my baby is now 10 weeks o.d and I started to have the general symptoms come back at 3 weeks after having her...lightheaded, palputations, I'm sure you all know.
At my 6 weeks checkup the doctor put me on Lustral (Sertraline) 50mg. I have been taking them every morningnand I am on day 12.
I had my first menstrual cycle start two days ago and since then I have been feeling really sick, my body feels weak and my head feels heavy...I nearly threw up this morning plus I am suffering with bad night sweats....
I felt so good the first week ofmtaking them now I'm feeling awful....
I thought with thensweats and a heavy cycle it may be my iron...I'm taking iron tablets but nothing makes me feel better...I feel like I'm walking on stilts....
Is this just the Lustral kicking in?
I halved the pill this morning, I just want to feel better again.....
Would it be better to take at night?

This all really does not help with my anxiety thinking I'm going to pass out and die every 10 mins, especially when I'm alone with the baby.........

Thank you for reading...

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

I forgot to mention....last night i had really loud ringing in my ears to the point my husband sounded quite quiet, it's been on and off today....

Chem
11-11-11, 11:06
Hi. If you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a list of posts about Lustral.

I'm sure you know that, having a young baby, your body and hormones are all over the place at the moment. It would be best to discuss what you are feeling with your doctor or Health Visitor.

no_name
12-11-11, 12:37
Yeah, it's better you discuss thing with your Dr. but until then- don't worry! I myself had been in such situation for several months before finding "the right" pill (especially the anxiety and the feeling you are gonna die every moment and all kinds of body discomforts...). 12 days are too short period of time, if you really can't cope with the side effects tell your Dr. but otherwise- try to keep up and you should be much better in another 2-3 weeks max.