PDA

View Full Version : I just want to be normal

serendipidy
11-11-11, 12:37
Have you ever sat on a train and observed everyone sitting around you laughing and joking relaxed and happy, I often do on my way to work, I sit there wishing it could be me, instead im sitting there my mind wirling whilst I worry about if Im going to cope with work today, its feels like Im the only person that suffers! I sit in work listening to the others talking but not have the energy to talk, all I want to do is lay around in bed sleeping although i try to make an effort my symptoms stop me contastnatly feeling hot and lighted headed then I start worrying that it could be something far worse and have to remind myself its only anxiety.... Has anyone got any suggestions of how to snap out of it, I would be very grateful

theharvestmouse
11-11-11, 20:48
I've had the exact same feelings on trains, luckliy I drive to work now and put Radio4 on and it distracts me. Try taking an ipod or walkman?

Liviguy
17-11-11, 14:44
I used to be like that. I used to sit with my head buried in a Metro trying to look normal. Not that I was actually reading the words, I was secretly panicking.

I used to wish I was like them, laughing and joking but to be honest you don't know what is going on in their lives either. They could be just like you, but act like that as a distraction to their anxiety etc.

elle78
17-11-11, 14:59
True, true Liviguy!! everybody always wants what everyone else has until they look under the surface and realize that probably the other persons thinking the same thing !!

:)

Liviguy
17-11-11, 15:17
True, true Liviguy!! everybody always wants what everyone else has until they look under the surface and realize that probably the other persons thinking the same thing !!

:)

I was amazed when I came across this forum and found so many fellow sufferers. I used to think it was only me.

slipstream
17-11-11, 15:54
I think that's the one thing that would complete everyone, "I wish I was the same". But we can't all be the same we are all different, humans are such an intelligent race we have so many good things about us but some benefit's back fire when it comes down to anxiety. But then this intelligent can now help us, in a way that getting success over anxiety can happen aswell.