PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Question

panicattack247
11-11-11, 13:37
Hi The girl Im seeing Ive been seeing for a month or two and she has a contraceptive implant. I have sources to show that she is telling the truth so i dont see a problem there. but we have started having sex without a condom and i was just wondering if this is dangerous pregnancy wise. She did have a period last month but apparantly you still get them sometimes. i know the best contraception is no sex at all or at least use a condom, but if she has an implant am i just as safe as i would be using a condom with a chick without her own contraception??

I can't actually believe I have managed to do this without absolutely being petrified. Ive taken it quite well actually, but i just thought i would ask this now in case it does become a worry for me before i get desperate.

AllInMyHead
11-11-11, 15:38
Hi there, I don't have personal experience with the implant, but I have got a leaflet about it that I got from the GP last time I was there. In the leaflet it says that 'periods may stop, be infrequent, frequent or prolonged' and there may be in 'irregular bleeding' in some women. So the fact she had a period doesn't affect the level of contraception, and you don't need to worry about it.

My leaflet says that it is over 99% effective. Basically, it is one of the most effective ways to prevent pregnancy, because it doesn't require remembering to take a pill. It is also more effective than a condom, because they can split / come off, etc.

What a condom does well that other forms of contraceptive is protect against STDs, but I'm sure you're aware of that already.

In any case, I think the 'no sex at all' option sounds like a terrible option, and not one you need to be considering :winks:

panicattack247
12-11-11, 04:18
Hi there, I don't have personal experience with the implant, but I have got a leaflet about it that I got from the GP last time I was there. In the leaflet it says that 'periods may stop, be infrequent, frequent or prolonged' and there may be in 'irregular bleeding' in some women. So the fact she had a period doesn't affect the level of contraception, and you don't need to worry about it.

My leaflet says that it is over 99% effective. Basically, it is one of the most effective ways to prevent pregnancy, because it doesn't require remembering to take a pill. It is also more effective than a condom, because they can split / come off, etc.

What a condom does well that other forms of contraceptive is protect against STDs, but I'm sure you're aware of that already.

In any case, I think the 'no sex at all' option sounds like a terrible option, and not one you need to be considering :winks:

haha yeah definitely not at 19 lol.