PDA

View Full Version : forgot to brush teeth in mornings

Em.ma
11-11-11, 15:52
In the mornings i wake up and i immeditly get a pounding heart, shallow breathing etc. then i always forgot to brush my teeth until the afternoon (i do most afternoons at college so dont need to leave till 1 some days) today i forgot completly until 5 mins ago. has anyone got any ideas how to wake up and not feel distracted from the world and like im not meant to be here.

Mr.Jitters
11-11-11, 16:01
Hey Em.ma,

I wake up completely distracted most mornings, even now my anxiety has eased up a lot. I've found waking up the the radio and forcing myself into a routine has helped me a lot. I could have just sat down shaking for an hour or two staring into space before and not been ready to leave the house. Now I wake up to my favourite radio station, drink a smoothie and brush my teeth and set myself up for the day in 10 minutes. I can't tell you how good it feels, either!

You will get there. You just need to find something that draws you out of yourself so you can feel like a part of the world around you, rather than concentrating so much on how you feel :)

Kam

theharvestmouse
11-11-11, 20:46
I get up an hour before I have to, just to give me an extra hour to potter around and get all the stuff done I need to before leaving for the day.

Meewah
12-11-11, 06:53
Emma, I am waking like this at the moment, the only problem is it is between 3.30 and 4.30am. When I wake I soon notice my shallow breathing and make a concious effort to breathe long and slow. This helps me not turn it in to anxiety or panic, It allows me to either go back to sleep or lie calmly before my day starts. It is important to practice long slow breathing as this sounds like a lot of your symptoms are coming from this.

Take Care

Mee

Jules147
12-11-11, 12:04
Breathe in for 7, out for 11 through pursed lips, several times a day or when you feel anxious. Count while you breathe. It takes your mind off worrying.

This is a chore. Soon it becomes a habit.

This worked for me. Life is Fun again!

Em.ma
14-11-11, 14:00
Thank you. I have been doing this the last few days and it is helping x