PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy/Flakey urine

Anxiety Jim
11-11-11, 17:45
Hi,

For the past 6 months(ish) I've had cloudy urine, and what seems to be lots of white flakes a few mm in size floating around in it. This will happen 2 or 3 times a day.

This isn't happening every time I go, but is quite often. Sometimes it's slightly yellow and perfectly clear which I assume is healthy, others it's light yellow full of flakes, others it's clear but a very dark yellow/orange. I went to my GP several weeks ago, and gave a urine sample that particular sample was the healthy looking urine. Nothing was picked up on the tests they did.

Has anyone had this/knows what it is? And because the sample I gave the GP was healthy looking does that mean things might have been missed?

Thanks,

Jim

spacebunnyx
11-11-11, 18:03
Hi, the tests pick up microscopic things that you can not see with the naked eye... an infection would be seen. I've sometimes seen cloudy specks in my urine... never known what it is though..

Jess xxx

countrygirl
11-11-11, 19:03
Sounds normal to me - I nearly always have bits in my urine and have over the yeas had goodness knows how many tests due to fact that i have harmless leaky kidneys that mean I have microscopic blood show up on dip test so have had loads of samples and all the tests and for me - its nothing perfectly normal to have bits in my urine.

A urine sample would pick up any infection and infection would not come and go. I don't know why I have it but as i have had it for at least 30 years it certainly harmless for me!