PDA

View Full Version : Skipped beats are back

samtheman
12-11-11, 14:58
I started having these back in Spring and lasted for about a month, went to my doctor who did an ECG found nothing and said they were harmless but referred me to a cardiologist anyway. So had my appointment and he did a full trace of the heart and all was fine and told me not to worry, a few days later they went away and I had no more problems until now.

Last week they started again and I can't get them shifted, I know they are harmless but they are still scary and I think the fear of them actually feeds them some how,

Any advice on how to shift them? Apart from the skipped beats when they really get going I feel sort of light headed, Its pointless going to the doctor as he'll just say the same as before.

Mirabelle
12-11-11, 15:40
Sam
I know they are horrid but you need to realise that they are harmless and try to be calm and watch that you are not hyperventilating. When you get a spate of them sometimes a few hard coughs or burps will settle them
Also I drink Mistletoe tea, don't know if it makes a difference but I feel that I am doing something at least.
xx

Dibbler
12-11-11, 16:55
I am struggling with these. After seeing two cardiologists and the doctor etc for various tests I am now in a position of at least knowing that they are harmless. Knowing that and believing it I have always found difficult but they can be so problematic and really intrusive.

Have you seen the doctor for any medication..? I have and I have just got three packets of Propanolol to see if they help. I was told that I can take up to 40mg three times a day as required.

samtheman
12-11-11, 17:23
I am struggling with these. After seeing two cardiologists and the doctor etc for various tests I am now in a position of at least knowing that they are harmless. Knowing that and believing it I have always found difficult but they can be so problematic and really intrusive.

Have you seen the doctor for any medication..? I have and I have just got three packets of Propanolol to see if they help. I was told that I can take up to 40mg three times a day as required.

Yeah I'm on a beta blocker called Sotalol, I'd been on it for about 5 years anyway for panic attacks

Dibbler
12-11-11, 17:34
I do agree when you write in your first post that the fear of them seems to fuel their occurrence. If I have been mentally occupied ther are times when I then think that they have gone for a while. Of course thinking that usually starts of the worry cycle which in turn tends to start them off again :(