PDA

View Full Version : Very very low

Humly
12-11-11, 19:19
Well its Saturday night and I am here on NMP reading through post after post. Have I not got anything else to do? I am feeling very low, worried and upset and have just had a good cry. I just feel so alone in all of this. I wish I could stop worrying over things that "might" happen and thinking the worst. I'm sure everybody around me is fed up with me and this makes me hold things in until I explode into torrents of tears. I am just praying that once my meds start to work I can put things into perspective and calm down. I just want to go to sleep for 5 years and wake up when its over. Sorry about the doom and gloom. dont know what else to do.

nicola1980
12-11-11, 19:36
:bighug1: I feel exactly the same tonight hun :weep: :bighug1:xx

pinkdove
12-11-11, 20:04
:hugs::hugs: :hugs: Great big hugs to you both, things will get better, and you are not alone reading posts on a saturday night lol xx

Humly
12-11-11, 20:14
Well at least its nearly bedtime.

petram
13-11-11, 05:29
i had a awfull day too....grrr now its sunday been awake since 4 am !! grrr....now up just wanna sleep it all away so u not alone xxx

austinali66
13-11-11, 06:37
I've been awake since 4am too, so tired wish I could sleep. This early waking is the pits.

ronski
13-11-11, 11:03
Humly my dear I am going to be very blunt with you in that your perspective in life is very much your own responsibility. We can be either glass half empty or glass half full. My reflection of your post seems to speak to me of introversion and worthlessness. That is how negativity in your life can affect you but I do recognise that I do not know your circumstances and that will be playing a huge part in how you feel.
May I suggest in the nicest way possible that you list on a piece of paper all of your negatives and worries and then put another list of how you could change your reaction to them in a more positive way. I did not want to use the words self pity as that may be offensive and really I don't think you are but I do feel you are spending to much time in your head analysing the past and the future. In my experience with anxiety that is so common and yes I did use self pity myself and I can tell you it set of the most awful low mood with symptoms of heaviness that I don't want to experience again.
Try mindfulness and meditation and take a deep breath and say as a mantra, I am from now on, going to look at the positives, ignore the negatives, allow no importance to my symptoms and stop talking to others about my condition. From now on its up up up all the way.
Your medication will help you but remember in anxiety they are like a crutch, the donkey work you have to do yourself, but that's the nature of the beast.
Try not to cry, give a smile instead. Pretend if necessary, it dosent matter it still releases natural endorphins that are far more effective than drugs.

Humly
13-11-11, 11:52
Hi Ronski. Thanks for your reply. All of what you are saying is probably true. Its my current circumstances and not being able to do anything about them that is my problem. I have got to just accept that what will be, will be and try not to think about it. but my mind wanders back there and thats what I have to stop.

saro
13-11-11, 12:18
Hi Humly,

Ive felt like this all week. Im so low it would be nice to go sleep for 5 years too. Take little steps to build yourself back up.. set yourself small target that you can achieve to pick yourself up :) thats what im working on.

ronski
13-11-11, 12:54
Humly as sar0417 says yes it's small steps not huge leaps. You sound as though you know what to do so now accept your mind is going to try and get your attention regarding your worries and concerns.
Now gently and that is the clue, gently bring your mind back to the present and get involved in something that you enjoy.
Mind you in saying that, if your worries can be solved by active participation how ever painful then you may need to action that. Passive involvement never works if there is a solution than can be reached by your personal involvement.

theharvestmouse
13-11-11, 13:01
I saw on a programme the other day about laughter therapy, looked great and apparently even if you fake laughter it releases the same chemicals in your body.

Humly
13-11-11, 13:01
Hi. I am unable to actively do anything about the situation as it is out of my hands and thats what I just have to accept. No amount of worrying will change anything. If I could do something about it, I would. so for now I will really try and take on board what you have said. Thank you so much.