PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm going mad :(

electronic_matt
13-11-11, 02:15
Hi, I've just registered on here and wanted to see if anyone could help me or have any advice, I'm a 30 year old male from the UK, I have crohns disease, and had an operation in 2009 to remove a section of my intestines because of the crohns, over the past year I have been feeling very down and quite lonely, also feeling very tried all of the time, and a kind of light headedness, almost like I am going to fall over sometimes or pass out, which can be quite scary! I also suffer from ectopic heart beats (palpitations) which I have seen a cardio Dr about, and he told me my heart is fine, and it's nothing to worry about.

I should probably not really be worrying about my health like I do, but I can't help it, I think about dying quite a lot, not because I want to kill myself but that I may drop dead at any moment, I spend a lot of time worrying on my own, and I feel like I am suffering from depression but my Dr doesn't think I am, I am so confused at the moment, and the lightheaded is driving my mad! I am also quite an anxious person and get very worried about anything very easily.

I do not do much exercise, if any! and probably don't eat as well as I could, may be this is making things worse?

I am just wondering if anyone can give any good advice, if you think I am suffering from depression because I am worrying about my health a lot? I hate feeling like this I just want to feel normal again, also I do not drink or smoke.

Thanks Matt.

chappers1980
13-11-11, 10:36
Hi Matt

Sounds to me like your worrying is causing all these symptoms. You went through a traumatic experience and it could be just all those feelings surfacing. In respect to depression, anxiety and depression are closely linked. The first time I had an issue, I really had to push with my GP for them to listen, think its to do with the limited amount of time you have to spend with them. This time however I chose to go to a private GP (not that I advocate this, it was just i was desperate to get it sorted), she was so much more helpful and listened to all my problems. So I would go back to your GP (or see another one) and be totally honest, rather than focus on the physical symptoms, tell them how you feel emotionally.

With Crohns disease, you need to really look after yourself, this will improve your mood no end.

Don't forget though its totally normal to feel how you are feeling, everyone in your situation would probably be worrying.

Take care x

bonnie1980
18-11-11, 12:16
:hugs:hi matt you are not going mad but i know you are thinking you are i am the same i dont have the same illness as you but i do have high blood pressure and that scares me as i think i am going to get struck down with a heart attack at any min and it ruling my life to the point i dont want to go out and the min i have a bit of cramp in my chest i think i am going to go and when i sleep i think i am not going to wake up. I know its really hard but you are not alone at all.:flowers: As for deppresstion i have this also and its the most horried illness i can think of along side anxity if your doctor dosent listen to you ask to see some one else who is willing to listen and also do there job you know your body better then anybody Take care try and think happy thoughts sending you a hug x:D

william wallace
18-11-11, 13:06
Hi Matt.
People with Crohns or ulcerative colitis have a tendancy towards anxiety. My darling Mrs had U/C for about 15 years and could'nt go anywhere unless she knew where the nearest toilet was. After her collectomy the symptoms disappeared, and she was able to come off all her meds, azathioprine and methylprednisolone being two that I can remember offhand. She does'nt miss her colon:D
You're not going mad, it's just anxiety. WW