PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Spike?

JM9258
13-11-11, 04:55
Does anyone have an anxiety problem where you try to think positive but end up thinking about a negative thought or image which ends up in overanalysing your thoughts and/or memories which causes more anxiety and stress? Please help

ronski
13-11-11, 11:10
Very common with anxiety but fairly easy to sort. It just takes practice practice practice. When that negativity strikes however it presents, stop it immediately saying to yourself Stop Stop Stop and immediately think again in a positive way then distract and continue with what you were doing. Just give the negativity no importance and above all do not analyse as that gives it credibility. Something you do not want to reinforce.
Reinforce the positive and the negative will lose its impact in your life.

messianictalmud
13-11-11, 14:54
yes everyday

kaythescamp
13-11-11, 19:23
Snap i have the same problem and its driving me mad.

slipstream
13-11-11, 21:37
Anxiety is like death inside, its always going to try turn anything good into a bad thing. I often feel that all my brain wants to do is ruin my life and make it unhappy but thats what the anxiety actually is! As above dont think that these negative thoughts mean somthing, are trying to tell you somthing. As its just the anxiety at work.