PDA

View Full Version : Headache

Fly away Katie
13-11-11, 07:14
Hello :weep:

I've had this pressure/tightness/heavy feeling in the back of my head for a week now.

It gets worse throughout the day and i'll end up with a sore headache by the evening, although towards the end of the week it's just been pressure.
My neck at the back also has had a tendency to ache too.

I'm pretty sure that before this week, for a few weeks I was having funny twinges of pain shooting through my head as well and a few random headaches, but I tried to ignore it as it was so insignificant due to only happening a little bit.

I feel like it's never going to go. I've just woken up and I can feel a pressure in the back of my head now. Almost like it's about to cramp?! If that's even possible.

I've been convincing myself it's the worst possible thing, like a brain tumour. I'm SO scared it's un-real.

I spoke to my friend last night, and she said apparently there's a bug going around at the moment that gives you a headache for a week or so... BUT is it normal to get a dull ache in the BACK of your head?

Please reassure me. I can't go on living in this constant fear, focusing on my head ALL day and nothing else :weep:

katie xxx

Helen1985
13-11-11, 11:51
Heya Hun,
I havnt got much advice but i went to the docs a few weeks ago with the same, i had a weird kinda headache i wouldnt say painfull but VERY incomfortable and i convinced myself that i had a brain tumour, anyway shes now given me some pills for migranes and touchwood they have helped!! The pressure was the horribleist part i found cos sometimes felt like my head was gonna exsplode! so dont worry hun, i no how u feel. :) xxx

dusty41
13-11-11, 11:55
Hi Katie, I too have been experiencing the same thing for a week and half now, it started with a really bad migraine(Ive only ever had one in my life before this) Anyway Ithought I might be coming down with a cold (my son as just had one) but I did nt get any of the usual symptoms of a cold. My head at the back and at the front acually feel sore to the touch, but now its just a dull ache. Im sure from what you've descibed it is all down to Health Anxiety that we have, I can now look back a few weeks and contribute my on set of symtoms to a stressfull couple of weeks at home (relationship). However as well as the headaches and sorehead I am also experiencing a "new symptom" for me, aches, and pains and the shivers" It actually feel like the "Flu! Ive been really panicking thinking the "worst" but apparently these are anxiety symptoms !! I tell ya I feel awfull, but I keep trying to carry on, I dont want to give in to it !! I hope this reasures you that it is just apart of this awfull afliction, mind over body and positive thinking will help !! Take care. p.s youre not on youre own !!! xx

swgrl09
13-11-11, 16:11
I have a lot of problems with headaches and neck pains. If it is something that gets worse throughout the day, it is almost definitely tension headaches and not a brain tumor. For me, what helps the most is ice. I ice my neck at least twice a day for 15 minutes, sometimes more if I don't feel well. That has helped with the headaches a lot. Also acupuncture has been very successful for me in the past and I am going to start going again, because that gave me the most long-lasting relief.

It is a horrible feeling and I worry about taking ibuprofin too much! dull headaches in the back of your head are definitely tension though, so don't worry about tumors.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Also try a memory foam or contoured pillow, that has also helped me keep from waking up with headaches from sleeping badly.