PDA

View Full Version : new type of panic attack - well for me anyway

clarissa
28-05-06, 19:20
I have had a lovely day out in the garden, and I was feeling good about how much I had achieved, just sitting reading e-mails and the forum, and BANG[:O] I found I was having a new type of panic attack, I had sort of forgotten to breathe and couldn't swallow, like sleep apnopea but I was fully concious, it has sent my heart racing and head swimming, has anyone else ever experienced this sort, or like we all think, am I the only one? [?] am feeling a bit shaky now, wondering if to have a 10mg propanolol or see if it passes..... any ideas

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

tammyg
28-05-06, 19:35
Hi Clarissa

I have had something similar to this a few times. I had it when I was quite anxious about something though... maybe your thinking about how much you had achieved bought it on??

It is really scary but when I posted I had lots of replies saying how many people had had similar things. It's the weirdest thing isn't it... how can you forget to breathe? Someone told me just to focus on long deep breaths I think like you would if you were in a panic. It is the swallowing thing I hated the most but it does disappear if you don't focus on it.

Hope this reassures you a little.

Tammy x

michelle-lee
28-05-06, 21:17
many times i find that i need to remind myself to breathe, otherwise i feel very panicky.

m.snyman

**whenwillthisend**
29-05-06, 13:57
hi there ive felt like this today....my own thoughts brought it on though..i started thinking i was gonna go dizzy and then would pass out....started panicing then went a bit hysterical...really thought i was gonna stop breathing and started trying to gulp for air...ive calmed down a bit now but feel a bit shakey and my chest and throat feels tight...im tryiong not to concentrate on it !!!

clarissa
29-05-06, 15:07
thanks for that advice, it happened again in the night, but I feel fine now, perhaps I did over do it outside, anyway, forgot to take the pill, so feel good about that as well.
:D

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

scoobygirl2005
29-05-06, 15:28
Hi.

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. I haven't experienced that type of panic attack yet no. I have a couple of friends that have though. It doesn't sound very nice that happening, forgetting to breathe etc. Hope you are ok.

Scooby2005
x x