PDA

View Full Version : Wet sensation ... Please read

Meg37
13-11-11, 13:46
Hello

Apologies for writing about this again but I'm determined this time it's kill or cure!! Back in June I started to feel like water was hitting me, it felt like a rain drop fell on my arm, my leg, on the top of my head, even in my eye or stomach! I went to the dr and he said it was probably just from over exercising. Well I carried on and it did get a bit worse, we camped around Europe in the summer and I tried my best to ignore it etc and it stopped around September time when I started to have problems with my stomach and acid reflux. A week ago I started seeing a chiropractor for sciatica and rib pain, I've been a couple of times and I think it is starting to help, however, yesterday I started getting the water droplet feelings back again :weep: I have been trying not to panic but it's hard, I have semi convinced myself I have a neuro nasty but logically I don't really think they present like this!? Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is if anybody randomly feels like this ever and if they believe/know whether this can really just be anxiety. I'm 30 now and I have been feeling this way for the last 8 years and I'm determined to just ignore it this time (I do realise the irony of posting this on here after saying that), I just feel better knowing I am not the only person to ever feel like this. I don't want to keep going to the dr largely because they are completely unhelpful and to be honest I never believe them anyway! These sensations returning have come at the end of a very stressful period and I tend to only feel them when I am moving, not just sat around.

I am sorry I have rambled on for a bit, so thank you for reading this and any advice/stories would be appreciated. :D

kinnygirl1
13-11-11, 14:45
Hey there... I can only imagine that it is caused by stress as you say it came at the end of a stressful period. Really feel for you as I know how horrid it is when you just want some sort of an answer. I am sure it's not a nasty though as it would have surely got worse over the course of 8 years.

Meg37
13-11-11, 14:57
Many thanks for your reply, I should just clarify though that the wet sensation has only appeared since June, I ve been suffering anxiety for 8 years, sorry for the confusion.

AllInMyHead
13-11-11, 15:05
I haven't had the 'wet' sensation, but when was bad with anxiety last year I started to get what felt like electric shocks in my tongue. I was already worried about MS, so I was terrified this was a neuro symptom. When my anxiety calmed down, they went away. I notice I do still get them every now and again, especially if I'm stressed, but because I'm not anxious they don't feel half as bad, and I barely even notice them. It sounds to me like something caused by stress, and you are feeling it more because your anxiety is focussing your attention on it. x

swgrl09
13-11-11, 16:05
I have had this exact problem and I googled and TERRIFIED myself. So try not to!! I had it when I had some shin splints and I kept thinking there was water (it felt so real I thought I was crazy) dripping on my legs and ankles. Once I realized that I was ok and got past that, it magically went away so that is why I attribute it to my anxiety.

Hope that helped.

Meg37
13-11-11, 16:17
All of your replies help thank you very much :) I kind of know inside it must just be something to do with anxiety as I'm pretty sure neurological diseases don't really happen quite like this, but there's always just that little bit of your brain that says what if? Every time I pick something up and I get a momentary wet sensation or if it feels like rain is falling on my head. I know when I started getting stomach problems and was experiencing heart palls from it a couple of months ago the wet sensation mysteriously disappeared!! I just want to be free of these stupid feelings!! I so want to do it myself as drs and counsellors have never really helped me much, I'm desperate to have a decent Christmas this year as the last two have been awful as something has always cropped up around this time to ruin it, and nothing has ever come of any of those symptoms!

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

That should have been heart palps!

Meg37
14-11-11, 18:22
Sorry for continuing on about this but the rain drop sensations have been really bad today and im pretty scared about it all to be honest. Has anyone ever felt anything similar? I think I'm going to go crazy about this :weep: I can't cope with it, not knowing where it's coming from. My mum has felt it before and is convinced it's all anxiety and stress and my body is dealing with it this way but I'm not so convinced, I hate all this, this isn't what I thought my life would be.

HretchenGillet
15-11-11, 08:27
So try not to!! I had it when I had some shin splints
http://www.schoolwithin.net/ht.jpghttp://www.schoolwithin.net/jh3.jpg
http://www.quandulps.info/song2.jpghttp://www.schoolwithin.net/uk.jpg

Meg37
15-11-11, 12:02
Thanks for that, really helpful, I won't bother posting anything again.

swgrl09
15-11-11, 15:21
I know how you feel, it is so frustrating. I hated having that feeling, as it was truly so real. It took me a while to get over it, I think I just got tired of being stressed about it honestly. I wish I had a better answer, but just know that I had the same feelings and it went away eventually once I stopped thinking about it, so I hope that reassures you a little bit.

Meg37
15-11-11, 18:14
I think I'm just completely frazzled with it all, this has just come at the end of a stressful period and there is nothing worse than feeling like you are the only person who has ever experienced something. I could understand it in my legs as I have sciatica, it's when it's on my arm or face, it drives me crazy!! I think there is more than likely a logical explanation for it but at the time when you are panicking about it, all that goes out the window! I thank everybody for all their comments as you have taken the time to read mine, I'm just so angry at myself for getting like this.