PDA

View Full Version : SO dizzy and getting palps again

kinnygirl1
13-11-11, 14:38
I am relapsing and gutted.... been dizzy for days and just now had some horrid heart palps I think it must be anxiety but I just feel really dreadful and other feelings creeping in.... heart probs, brain probs....

Is there any chance this dizziness could be a side effect of my fluoxetine, been on it for 5 months and not really had side effects up till now. I recently went back to work. Could that be triggering my stress? I thought I was doing well!

Christers
13-11-11, 16:10
I would say it's stress/anxiety hitting you again. if you're anything like me, the anxiety is constant, even if at a lower level, but my dizziness (which i also had for nearly 3 months last year) has just returned after an intense bout of health anxiety. Usually any side effects from anti-depressants settle after a month or so.

kinnygirl1
13-11-11, 21:02
Thanks Christers... I agree about the aniexty always being there - just sometimes we cope better than others and at the moment I feel like not coping well at all. Being dizzy ALL the time is so distracting and I feel like I can't get on with anything cos of the dizziness, so its consuming me again, if that makes any sense?

Christers
13-11-11, 21:46
oh, i know what you mean alright! I'm goin through the same at the minute. actually have a docs appointment tomorrow because of the dizziness. He'll probably tell me the same as usual: anxiety playing up again (I had a CAT scan last year just to shut me up after my last bout of dizziness), but it's hard NOT to focus on it when it's there all the time. Keep your chin up...we've got through it before....we just have to do it again!