PDA

View Full Version : Rant,will these thoughts go

kaythescamp
13-11-11, 19:02
Hi everybody need some advice

i have been doing really well recently but there are days when i feel really good,well better than others.then all of a sudden i keep thinking,is this normall how im feeling is this right,has it gone then i start getting very anxious and start panicking and focus on everything again like is my breathing normall,am i going to faint and the what ifs happen again.i have never passed out and i know ill be fine but some times the anxiety takes over. I think i have had it for so long i have forgot what my normall feels like.i have put my self in situtions 3 months ago i would never had done like going to the cinema and going for a walk in the woods with my son because i know i have to fight it no matter how hard or ill i feel.i know its early days but i wish it would bog of now it has ruined nearly 3 years of my life and it isnt any more.will i forget 1 day that all this ever happened or will i always have these am i normall thoughts.

vicky23
13-11-11, 20:54
hmm this in intereresting and a difficult one to answer cos I guess it's different for different people. A difficult thing for me to do was to accept that I'd always been a sensitive person prone to anxiety. Anxiety is a normal reaction that will not go away because it is part of our survival system to help us 'fight or flight'. I think the goal is to get back to a stage where that anxiety response is no longer triggered by every day non threatening situations like going to the cinema.
So the answer is no it's not possible for you to forget the last 3 years but hopefully you can get to a stage where you look back in a more positive light-thankful that you've made progress and can do a lot more than you used to but accepting that there will be some situations when you'll get anxious.
best wishes