PDA

View Full Version : epilepsy??

michelle-lee
28-05-06, 21:34
i have had panic attacks for just over a year now and my mother who is a nursing sister has told me all the time that it could be a mild type of epilepsy. does anyone know more about this? how do i know the differance between this and the panic attacks. my mother has seen me in a panic attack and has told me that it could be epilepsy. i have asked my home doctor to forward me on for the testing and it has already been 3 weeks. i have been pestering my doc. what should i do? and i also hate it when they rear their ugly heads. have already blanked out or passed out and wet myself. when i came around it was 2 hours later. please let me know what you think.

m.snyman

michelle-lee
05-06-06, 19:21
someone PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEE tell me what you think!!!!!!!!!!! i want to know your opinion.

m.snyman

nomorepanic
05-06-06, 19:56
I have never heard of panic attacks being a mild type of epilepsy.

They are 2 completely different things so maybe you could have epilepsy and not panic attacks atall.

The doctor can test for this.

Nicola

clarissa
05-06-06, 20:07
I am sure your mother telling you this was all you needed to hear. The two are not related, unless you have a pre disposition to epilepsy - but before we "cause more panic than is good for the rest" I would ignore that. Coming from a medical basis, as I do, No - not in my years of experience.
Cheer up, you have anxiety and panic, excess adrenaline, you might shake and quivver, but epileptic seizures - X

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.