PDA

View Full Version : The Panic Monster is after me again!

nomorepanic
20-04-04, 21:25
Hi all

I don't usually have to write posts like this (thank goodness) but today the evil panic monster came to visit me!!

Well it all started off last night with a really bad night's sleep. I just couldn't doze off and only managed to at 5.30 am and was then up at 7am for work! :( Not a good night's sleep then!

Got to work at 8 and was feeling shattered. Was contemplating taking a half day off to get some sleep but thought I best plough up.

Anyway mid-morning I started getting a bad stomach ache so was now tired and feeling a bit grotty. Due to the lack of sleep I was feeling a bit light-headed too.

I needed to go to Luton Arndale centre to order a mobile phone. This is a big shopping centre/mall and although I am not a great lover of the place it serves its purpose for shops undercover! Never really had a problem there before not that I have been there for well over a year now cos I am not a big shop-a-holic. It does make me feel a bit funny in there but has never stopped me going, and anyway I was cured of panic and anxiety now wasn't I?[:p]

So I park the car on the top-floor of the car-park (not through choice) and wander off into the Arndale centre. Order the phone and then start wandering back to the car.

I suddenly felt this overwhelming feeling of anxiety and being shut in. It was quite busy and I started to feel very claustrophobic. I was looking down all the alley-ways to see how far it was before I could get ouside in the fresh air.

It then hit me, that horrid feeling of anxiety and panic. My immediate reaction is to reach for my mobile to call Alex, but put it back saying "don't be silly you can do this". I was desperate to get out and the fight or flight response kicked in.

Now I would tell all of you to stay and fight it - that is the best advice - so what did I do? Yup I ran for it. I hurried back to the car with the intention of getting some fresh air in the car-park and then getting out.

Cos it was on the top floor or the car-park and I don't like heights, I felt even worse so decided to get in the car and take some rescue remedy to see if that would work. This would be a good test for it to see if it really worked or not.

:( - agggh forgot that I had emptied my water bottle of rescue remedy for going to my aerobics class last night and the rescue remedy was at work. Ok - yes I know it should be in the car as well!

So, the best thing I could do was get out asap.

The way out of the carpark was down one of those helter-skelter type rat-runs so there was nowhere to stop and get off!

Made it - out the car-park and into fresh air and back on safe ground.

Drove back to work with tears welling up in my eyes. What I had just done! I had run away and I didn't cope atall well.

Back at work things go worse cos I had a really bad stomach ache now and trips to the loo were very frequent. I was so tired and just wanted to go home.

I kept thinking, just get up and tell them you are going home but I then kept telling myself that my boss wouldn't be too happy so I had this fight going on in my head.

Anyway at 4pm I finally escaped from work. I was shattered from the lack of sleep and the anxiety attack and just hoped I could get home without needing the loo [:0]

Then it hit me and the tears came and I was trying to drive home in-between snivelling and wiping mascara off my cheeks.

Got home at 4.50 and was in bed by 5! I thought that I would be able to sleep but couldn't so I got up at 8 and have just had a small something to eat. Back off to bed in half an hour.

I am feeling angry at myself for not coping and giving all of you advice and then forgetting it all. :( I didn't have a panic attack as such just a bad anxiety attack but that was enough. I haven't had one this year so it came out of the blue and hit me for 6!

I will not let the panic monster come back again and beat me, it may have done today but I will try so very hard not to let it come back :)

Thanks for listening anyway and sorry that I am not in chat tonight but I think the best

kate
20-04-04, 21:36
Hiya Nic,

Oh poor you!!

I think that we all forget that you too also suffer with panic. You are always there for us and have done such a lot of hard work on here.

You said yourself that you hadn't had much sleep so it was probably the worst possible time for you to go to a big, claustrophobic shopping center!

We all have off days, as you have said yourself on many occasions to me and others, it is just a blip!

Once you get a good nights sleep things will look different in the morning.

Just put it behind you, Nic.

You do so well, and are entitled to the odd "blip" as much as any of us!!

Take care, Mate

Kate xxxxxxx

apm
20-04-04, 21:44
What a stinker! I guess no matter how much time goes by, the panic monster only ever sleeps, never goes away completely. You obviously know this well, but after such a long time, it must be easy to lose sight of him snoozing away in the corner, and forget what wakes him up!

As Kate says, you have been such a rock to the rest of us, that you are totally entitled to this kind of blip. Keep the faith and take care,

Alex.
x

Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
-Groucho Marx.

lilac kitten
20-04-04, 21:57
Nicola,

The symptoms you describe are exactly what I had recently. I've been just like you just lately and I too am fuming at myself after having gone so far and then back again.

However, you ARE obviously under the weather - same as I have been, there are a lot of horrible virus' around. Pushing yourself when feeling 1 degree under can make you feel panicy. Look at me the other week when I had gastric flu and sinusitis. I thought it was a major panic attack and that the light headedness was part of it. I pushed myself to an extent, but now I'm just taking one small step at a time again and will hopefully buildmyself back up. The good thing is our minds now know that we can be prone to panic so in normal circumstances we can learn to think things over.

I suspect you are slightly under the weather and you should have gone with your initial thoughts of a day in bed. Could it be viral or womans problems? if the tummy cramps are that then definitely have tomorrow off and chill out for the day. Are you overly stressed about anything at the moment? Or anxious about an up coming event?

Let us know how you get on over the next few days and I suspect you'll then know if it was a one off.

Good luck sweetie, and remember take the day off and chill if you can.

Ruth
x

sarah
20-04-04, 22:16
Hiya Nic

Im so sorry you felt bad today. I think the others hit the nail on the head. You were tired after having no sleep..major contributing factor to the old panic monster. The shopping centre probably wasnt the best place to be but these things must be done.

The main thing is you managed the rest of the afternoon and got home ok. You are definately doing the right thing by going to bed early, im betting you will feel better tomorrow after a good nights sleep.

Just remember..tomorrow, go buy yourself a spare bottle of rescue remedy and keep it in your glove box for emergencies, you will feel better just knowing its there!!

Keep your chin up, youve been doing so well matey, its just rearing its ugly head to show you that you still belong in this little family we got going here :)

love n hugs

Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

mico
20-04-04, 22:26
Hi Nic

Don't worry about it...yeah easy, I know, lol...but I think this happens to pretty much everyone at some stage, you think you are doing so well then you get knocked for six, and you always wonder why you couldn't cope. Happened to me many a time, that's for sure. One thing I have learnt is that you can't let your guard down no matter how far into recovery you are, always got to be ready for it. I'm sure you'll bounce straight back up, just remember to keep your guard up and be ready for it next time, your doing just fine.

mico

Meg
20-04-04, 22:35
Dear Nic,

Well done for not allowing it to escalate to panic.
Well done for taking it logically and getting back to work and then home without further incident.
Well done for managing it alone .

I hope you've caught up on sleep now and can try not dwell on this at all.

It's a tiny blip, not warranting any more thought and energy spent on it. Move on and ignore this episode. It is not a pattern - just a one off.

Meg

Debbie
21-04-04, 00:06
I hope you feel better soon. I know where your coming from
Tk care Debs

[quote]quote:Originally posted by nomorepanic

Hi all

I don't usually have to write posts like this (thank goodness) but today the evil panic monster came to visit me!!

Well it all started off last night with a really bad night's sleep. I just couldn't doze off and only managed to at 5.30 am and was then up at 7am for work! :( Not a good night's sleep then!

Got to work at 8 and was feeling shattered. Was contemplating taking a half day off to get some sleep but thought I best plough up.

Anyway mid-morning I started getting a bad stomach ache so was now tired and feeling a bit grotty. Due to the lack of sleep I was feeling a bit light-headed too.

I needed to go to Luton Arndale centre to order a mobile phone. This is a big shopping centre/mall and although I am not a great lover of the place it serves its purpose for shops undercover! Never really had a problem there before not that I have been there for well over a year now cos I am not a big shop-a-holic. It does make me feel a bit funny in there but has never stopped me going, and anyway I was cured of panic and anxiety now wasn't I?[:p]

So I park the car on the top-floor of the car-park (not through choice) and wander off into the Arndale centre. Order the phone and then start wandering back to the care.

I suddenly felt this overwhelming feeling of anxiety and being shut in. It was quite busy and I started to feel very claustrophobic. I was looking down all the alley-ways to see how far it was before I could get ouside in the fresh air.

It then hit me, that horrid feeling of anxiety and panic. My immediate reaction is to reach for my mobile to call Alex, but put it back saying "don't be silly you can do this". I was desperate to get out and the fight or flight response kicked in.

Now I would tell all of you to stay and fight it - that is the best advice - so what did I do? Yup I ran for it. I hurried back to the car with the intention of getting some fresh air in the car-park and then getting out.

Cos it was on the top floor or the car-park and I don't like heights, I felt even worse so decided to get in the car and take some rescue remedy to see if that would work. This would be a good test for it to see if it really worked or not.

:( - agggh forgot that I had emptied my water bottle of rescue remedy for going to my aerobics class last night and the rescue remedy was at work. Ok - yes I know it should be in the car as well!

So, the best thing I could do was get out asap.

The way out of the carpark was down one of those helter-skelter type rat-runs so there was nowhere to stop and get off!

Made it - out the car-park and into fresh air and back on safe ground.

Drove back to work with tears welling up in my eyes. What I had just done! I had run away and I didn't cope atall well.

Back at work things go worse cos I had a really bad stomach ache now and trips to the loo were very frequent. I was so tired and just wanted to go home.

I kept thinking, just get up and tell them you are going home but I then kept telling myself that my boss wouldn't be too happy so I had this fight going on in my head.

Anyway at 4pm I finally escaped from work. I was shattered from the lack of sleep and the anxiety attack and just hoped I could get home without needing the loo [:0]

Then it hit me and the tears came and I was trying to drive home in-between snivelling and wiping mascara off my cheeks.

Got home at 4.50 and was in bed by 5! I thought that I would be able to sleep but couldn't so I got up at 8 and have just had a small something to eat. Back off to bed in half an hour.

I am feeling angry at myself for not coping and giving all of you advice and then forgetting it all. :( I didn't have a panic attack as such just a bad anxiety attack but that was enough. I haven't had one this year so it came out of the blue and hit m

twister
21-04-04, 14:10
Hi Nic

I hope you are feeling better today and are just putting yesterday down to feeling crappy and a blip.

Chin up Nic, you do so well!

:D:D:D:D:D

Emily

nomorepanic
21-04-04, 21:16
Hi all

Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement - you are all stars and made me feel better. :D:)

Well I finally got to sleep last night at 2.30 cos my stomach ache was bad and I couldn't settle. I think it is just a two day bug type thing so I am not dwelling on it.

Felt tired this morning when I got up at 7 but once I was at work I didn't feel too bad and the day went ok in the end.

Felt much more positive and the lack of sleep didn't bother me too much so all-in-all a good day.

I even took the horrid route home through all the road-works just to prove to myself that I can still do it and I did.

Getting another early one tonight cos the stomach is still a bit dodgy but I should be back to normal (lol) tomorrow.

I was going to tell you more about how I felt but there is no point dwelling on it like some of you have said so I shall just write it off as a bad day.

I have to go back to the Arndale Centre again in 4 weeks so we shall see if I can beat that panic monster at the door there too. :(

I have been a bit stressed these last couple of weeks and SuNomates told me tonight that she isn't surprised about yesterday cos she could see all that I was taking on. Had a few hassles in chat room and with some people but won't go into it here, so I think I was taking a bit too much on in the evenings as well as the stress at work. I must learn to chill a bit more. I didn't realise it was effecting me but I guess it was.

So, thanks all for replying - I really appreciate it and let's hope I will soon live up to the website name - NoMorePanic.

Oh and I have now transferred the rescue remedy to the car as the car is always near by me.

I have also learnt a valuable difference between anxiety attacks and panic attacks and how one can quickly lead to another - so something good came out of it - lol.

This little panic monster on my shoulder can sod off back to where he came from !! [:0][:p]

xxxx

Nicola

sarah
21-04-04, 21:33
Hiya Nic

Im really glad you are feeling a little better today and taking it in a positive light..good for you!

Take it easy matey and try not to dwell on chatroom problems too much...im sure Su will sort out whatever the prob is...lol

love Sarah
xx

kate
22-04-04, 10:46
Hiya Nic,

Glad that you are now feeling better.

Just a tiny little blip, no need to worry!!!

Take care Mate

Kate xxxxxxx

Meg
22-04-04, 11:02
Good for you Nic,

Well done and it's all over now and huge pat on the back for going the long way home too !!

You did live up to your name as you didn't panic but just had some anxiety .

Meg

sadie
22-04-04, 17:39
Hi Nic,

Sorry I missed your posts recently...but you did well to cope the best you could under the circumstances. We have all been there at some point with our anxiety and felt annoyed that we didnt cope the way we should have etc etc...

Anyway, you are over it now and back on form!! I bet on your next visit you'll feel much better as your anxiety attack was probably just the result of too little sleep and a tummy bug!!

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
22-04-04, 19:10
Sarah, Meg, Kate and Sadie

Thanks for the support guys.

I still don't feel 100% but getting there the best I can.

xx

Nicola

imported_n/a
22-04-04, 19:12
:)hiya nic what a story ,but hey you have a lot more strenght than me you have a job and a life ,,i on the other hand am a wimp i guess because i have let the panic monster beat me hence the agraphobia so you cant be put off for having one bsd dsy,,i really do look up to you nic you have given me strengh of mind and certianatly the will to fight this thing ,,so hey nic chin up and we will talk soon ok ,,love darren xxx:D

lilac kitten
23-04-04, 12:30
Nicola,

Glad you're felling a little better, its little things like this that are a worry, but you are a very strong minded person - as I'm sure we all are. Use the weekend to relax if you can, hope you feel better soon. My partner is working tomorrow and I've got to take my eldest swimming and then on to a party in Basingstoke with the baby in tow. I also need to go into town, but I won't force myself if I don't feel up to it as it'll be around 12ish and it'll be busy.

Darren,

Having agraphobia does not make you a wimp. People with these conditions are strong people, people who are alert to situations. You are halfway towards recovery just by admitting you have a problem and having the strength of mind to want to beat it - even if it does take time.

Good luck,
Love
Ruth
x

pips
23-04-04, 17:30
Hi ya Nic,

So sorry to here that the evil panic monster came to you.

Well done for getting on top of things now though. You did cope well & you went back to work.!!!!

Don't ever think you failed.

All the best & I hope things are calmer for you now.

I have a question to. How do you define an anxiety attack from a panic attack. I was just wondering thanks.

Take good care & stay POSITIVE

Love Pip's XX

sal
23-04-04, 17:55
Hiya Nic

Hope you are feeling better than you did and that panic monster has taken a hike!!! But dont send him my way Ha ha!!! Oops think hes arrived, but not going to let him get me down and going to try without diazepam today. Slipped abit on the drinking deal we made, but you had head start with stomach but, can you pass that on to me and see if it cures my taste for wine. Anyhow really hope youre more positive. Speak soon
Lots of love Sal xxxx

Lottie32
23-04-04, 20:18
Hi Nic

Finally getting up to date! You poor thing. How are you feeling now? (My pc crashed me out of the chat room last night by the way?)

Just try and rationalise it.

You've had one blip in a bloody good run of feeling soooo much better - you're even contemplating meeting us at Megs - which you wouldn't have done a while ago.

Think positive - you just had an overload of too many negative issues which came up and bit you on the bum - one at at time and you would have been fine.

You had a totally unrelaxing Easter break
You had a bad nights sleep
You had to park at the top of the multi storey
You had to visit shops (ughhh - I just phone Orange)
You have been busy at work
You are not infalliable (sic)
You have been a sufferer for years, and you are not just going to get cured overnight
You didn't give in totally - you still drove the long way home

You have the love and support of Alex, and all of us lot, and we are all here for you.

Chin up duck - try as hard as possible to forget the blip, and remember all the great things you have been doing - going on your course, a major achievement for starters!

keep smiling - we are all behind you

Lots of love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

uryjm
23-04-04, 23:25
Hi Nic
Just read your original post and have much sympathy for you. I also felt I was doing really well this year until I was hammered by a bad attack after a bad night's sleep and a hangover. It knocked me right back, because I was beginning to feel as if, after twenty years, I was getting over it. The disappointment that I was almost still as vulnerable after all this time and work was intense, and made me wonder (and worry) that I was tipping into some sort of depression over it. Fortunately I'm coming back 'round, as we do, and I'm back to thinking positive and being determined to yet again fight the good fight. Hope you are too.

Jim

nomorepanic
24-04-04, 18:31
quote:Originally posted by pips

I have a question to. How do you define an anxiety attack from a panic attack. I was just wondering thanks.

Pips

I would define it in terms of the severity of it. I felt anxious and panicky but it never got as far as having a panic attacks as such - i.e. the hyperventilating, shaking etc.

I just felt really really scared and anxious and wanted to escape but I didn't freak out and panic like mad.

Hope that helps.

There is another post on here somewhere where someone asked what the difference was so I will see if I can find it again.

Thanks for caring Pips :)

x

Nicola

nomorepanic
24-04-04, 18:33
quote:Originally posted by darren

:)hiya nic what a story ,but hey you have a lot more strenght than me you have a job and a life ,,i on the other hand am a wimp i guess because i have let the panic monster beat me hence the agraphobia so you cant be put off for having one bsd dsy,,i really do look up to you nic you have given me strengh of mind and certianatly the will to fight this thing ,,so hey nic chin up and we will talk soon ok ,,love darren xxx:D

Darren, thanks for the kind words.

You are not a wimp ok, you just have some problems like we all do and you do sound more positive in the chat room now so it must be helping you.

Thanks for caring. :)
xxxx

Nicola

nomorepanic
24-04-04, 18:36
quote:Originally posted by uryjm

Hi Nic
Just read your original post and have much sympathy for you. I also felt I was doing really well this year until I was hammered by a bad attack after a bad night's sleep and a hangover. It knocked me right back, because I was beginning to feel as if, after twenty years, I was getting over it. The disappointment that I was almost still as vulnerable after all this time and work was intense, and made me wonder (and worry) that I was tipping into some sort of depression over it. Fortunately I'm coming back 'round, as we do, and I'm back to thinking positive and being determined to yet again fight the good fight. Hope you are too.
Jim

Jim, it did take me by surprise cos I never went there thinking about panic or anything. It just took over and I felt so scared. Then later I got angry at myself for not coping and for running away so I had a lot of arguments with myself over it.

I am going back there soon to get the phone so I will face it head on again.

I am just pleased that it hasn't escalated into anything more.

Thanks for the words.

Nicola

nomorepanic
24-04-04, 18:38
quote:Originally posted by lilac kitten

Glad you're felling a little better, its little things like this that are a worry, but you are a very strong minded person - as I'm sure we all are. Use the weekend to relax if you can, hope you feel better soon. My partner is working tomorrow and I've got to take my eldest swimming and then on to a party in Basingstoke with the baby in tow. I also need to go into town, but I won't force myself if I don't feel up to it as it'll be around 12ish and it'll be busy.

Ruth, I am a strong person and that is why it took me by surprise anf why I got so angry for not coping.

I slept most of today - I just feel so tired this week. Will get some fresh air tomorrow and do the gardening so that will be relaxing and rewarding.

How did it go at the party? Hope it was ok.

Thanks for caring.
x

Nicola

nomorepanic
24-04-04, 18:43
Charlie

Thanks for the kind words. I do think it was just a bad week all round last week and the anxiety attack was the beginnning of a week that I will write off.

I am definitely coming to Meg's in May - we must set up a date for that soon.

I have pushed myself at the start of the year and then was just enjoying the panic free feelings till this came along.

It is just trying to remind me that I am not 100% cured yet and I still need to look after myself and relax more.

Let's look forward now and have a positive week next week.

Oh and the only reason I had to go to Orange was cos it was a free mobile phone from Avon so I had to go in to order it. Was it worth it I wonder cos I don't know what I am going to do with it. Sell it on ebay probably - lol.

Nicola

Lottie32
24-04-04, 20:17
Nic

Glad you're getting your head around it!!! Blame the circumstances of the week - not yourself.

Of course you do realise that if you sell the phone on e-bay, you or Alex with immediately irreparably damage your other mobiles, and you could have used the Avon one to replace it.

On the other hand if you keep it, you will pretty much guarantee that none of your phones will ever go wrong ever again!

Can't wait to see you in May - does Meg have a lot of bathrooms?

Love Charlie x

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Meg
24-04-04, 23:53

pauline
25-04-04, 19:04
Hi Nic

Just to add to all the other post's it helps somehow to know that you still have the panic every now and again. Not that i want you to have anxiety of course not. But in a small way it helps us lot out here who are still struggling knowing that it came back to you but you did COPE fine even though you thought that perhaps you should not have behaved the way you did. It happend it was nasty at the time but your not giving in to it and thats what we need to hear.

I myself had a bad time just like that some weeks back while trying out new SSRI, but i'm determined to try and let it go. It happened i'm still here but at the time i did think i was not going to make it worse one i have had in years. But i got through it and it feels good now that well it cannot ever get much worse than that. Well it better not [:0]

Let us know how it goes when you go back for phone. As you mention what is happening around us at the time has a lot to how we are on the day. So just dismiss it as something that happened it was not nice but you are here to tell us all and in that way your are helping us.

Take care
pauline

nomorepanic
25-04-04, 19:48
Pauline

I know what you mean - nice to see that I am still human isn't it and not some super-being?

It reminds me of what a lot of you feel everyday and what I used to feel all day everyday! I will have been a sufferer 11 years in May so I am no stranger to it all, it just takes you by surprise when you realise that it can still come back without warning.

It was just so out of the blue that I didn't have time to rationalise it all and cope - I just ran away!! Oh well, next time eh?

Nicola

pips
26-04-04, 12:46
Thanks Nic for answering my query.

Its great that you are here to help. I really appreciate it.

Hope all's well

Take care

Love Pippa
XX

red
26-04-04, 16:07
Hiya Nicola
Just caught up on some of the posts - sorry to hear that yu have had a rough time recently - you sound well on the mend now, I'm glad to see - well done. It is truly amazing how it strikes now and again, but well done you for not letting it get a proper grip! :)

I had my first diabetes eye test last Wednesday. Part of the test was that drops were put in my eyes to open up the pupil so that the optemetrist could get a really good look in. I wasn't looking forward to the drops at all and the feeling they would give me i.e. photosensitivity and blurring. I became really frightened - words were being tossed around like "Your pupils will be opened like barn doors", "The drops are atropine based", "they will blur your vision and you won't be able to drive" NOT anything that I wanted to hear really, although I understood why I was being informed of it.

Up until the point of the drops being in for 10 minutes, I wass really heading for Mr Panic myself, but managed to control it. The reason it was so bad for me was that I hadn't taken time to do my 'pre-situation' exercises, hadn't meditated / relaxed for a few days etc. In other words - I didn't do anything to help myself! I'll not do that many times, I'll tell you - what a sharp reminder! It must have been a full moon last week - for both of us!!! Took me a couple of days to get over it and I'm fine now, enjoying the sunshine with normal sized pupils!!!

Take care, and once again, glad to hear that you are coming out of it.

Red
x
PS Got the all clear from the optical people and went to the dentist last Friday - not a tremor in sight - got the all clear there too!

nomorepanic
26-04-04, 20:48
Hiya Red

Sounds scary - I would hate to have blurry vision cos that must be so hard to get used to it. Glad to hear that it was all clear though.

I have just made the dentist appointment - 28th May. I hope it is just a check-up and a clean so not too much panic there. I had my eyes done about a month ago and they were fine.

Last week was a definite write-off. When I got home from work on Friday, I went to bed for a couple of hours!

I am hoping this week will be better for us all.

xx

Nicola

stimpy
28-04-04, 10:38
Nic, I hope you are feeling a little bit better.

It just goes to show panic can hit anyone at anytime and take over.

As you say to us, "it is alright to have an off day and not to beat yourself up over it."

Well done for getting through it in one peice!

Oh Red I think I would have had a turn!
Why is it experts forget they are talking to members of the public and use expressions that mean nothing to us! "Atropine based" - what on earth is that? why not just say a chemical that will make your pupils bigger.

I had 2 days of mad panic last week too, so that makes 3 of us!

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

nomorepanic
09-06-04, 20:14
Just a quick update....

I went back to the Arndale Centre today to pick the phone up. I was a bit wary of my surroundings and the anticipation was worse than the reality. I had to wait 20 mins to get the phone and register etc and I had a few moments where I wanted to leave but I stayed.

All done and dusted now as they say!

Nicola

sarah
09-06-04, 20:32
Hiya Nic

Brilliant mate, you wanted to leave but you stayed..well done!!!!

Why dont you take a trip there just to have a leisurely look round instead of HAVING to be there. Might make it easier next time.
As they say..practice makes perfect...lol

take care
love Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
09-06-04, 21:48
Thanks Sarah

Yes I know I need to go back over and over till I conquer it again.

Isn't this mad eh? It is only a shopping centre - lol!

Nicola

sarah
09-06-04, 22:29
yeah but they have PEOPLE in them.....lol

nomorepanic
09-06-04, 22:34
and shops and no exits

ok stop thinking nicola - lol

xx

Nicola

april tones
10-06-04, 15:04
hi nicola, try not to beat your self up over your p.a. I hadnt had one in months then had one this week, i coped but i diddnt stop the symptoms before it developed. I was too tired from lack of sleep.

apriltones

Meg
10-06-04, 15:19
Well done Nic,

Job done sucessfully.

Hope sleep has bene easier now the rains have come again !

Meg

nomorepanic
10-06-04, 19:23
Meg

I have found a bizarre but very effective way of staying in the bed with Alex all night (lol). I haven't had to leave him for 2 weeks now so I must be sleeping a bit better.

I have a bedside fan on ALL night so it drowns out his breathing -lol.

Keeps me cool too!

Nicola

Meg
10-06-04, 21:14
Great news..

Meg