PDA

View Full Version : pounding heart-beat

chevychaser
29-05-06, 01:48
Hi guys...I'm a mess today...have been having a pounding of my heartbeat while I'm totally resting watching tv. This freaks me out because I'm not exerting myself with excercise. does anybody know what this is or do you guys get it. I'm thinking I've got heart disease or something. It gets slightly faster and takes ages to settle down. please help...I'm very scared

kellynwv
29-05-06, 02:37
There are many, many, many people on here that understand the pounding heart beat. I know it frightens you. Just try to relax. Try not to think about it, the more you think about it the more it will pound.

I hope you feel better soon.

giddy
29-05-06, 07:33
Hi - pounding heart is a really common symptom of anxiety and panic and the more scared it makes you the worse it can feel. Mine can start just by standing up, or walking upstairs. I found that I was constantly listening out for my heart which of course set it off pounding. Now I've accepted it as anxiety, I still get it from time to time, but just carry on with what I'm doing and it passes. Try telling yourself that its OK its just anxiety and nothing more. It takes a while, but eventually the message sinks in and your pounding heart will stop scaring you.
Love Helen

jackie
29-05-06, 12:15
oh yes this is panic and anxiety at its best. horrible i know but totally harmless im told

many of us will get this out of the blue. it is brought on by our overall anxiety and fear and will not harm you

i hope ive helped

jackie

scoobygirl2005
29-05-06, 15:58
Aw try not to worry hunni. Have you been to your doctor about this? Am sure its nothing. It may be that you are just watching tv and perhaps you were thinking about all your worries? And that may have set off a little panic attack. Or it could be what your watching on tv is upsetting you? It has happened to me before, I would be watching lets say a soap on tv and something on there that has happened to me would just upset me. Hope this helps.

Scooby2005
x x

lin
29-05-06, 16:41
I get it quite alot even when i'm just sitting watching tv.

Try not to worry to much the more you worry the worse it will be.

linda xx

Shaz
29-05-06, 19:20
Hi
The first time, out of the blue, I had a pounding heart my hubbie called the para-medics. Obviously there was nothing physically wrong with me. But be assured that it is not a classic sign of a heart attack. I have witnessed my husband have 3 and I have spent time working on a cardiac ward, and these are not reported symptons. I hope this gives you a little peace of mind.

Take care
Shaz

What cannot be fitted into your day, cannot be done - forget about it!