PDA

View Full Version : Urgent need to urinate after periods.

Damnath
15-11-11, 08:46
This has been happening for two or three months now: I feel decent during my period (aside from period aches and whatnot, nothing terrible) but afterwards I am left with an urgent/constant need to urinate. It ends up clearing itself after a week or two and comes back the next period...

It's not that I can't pee, just that only a little dribble comes out every time I go to the bathroom, and if I go, I nearly instantly feel the need again.

That urge is accompanied by an almost... pleasure/orgasm like sensation, it's difficult to explain.

Either way, this is making me very anxious. I realize that thinking about it makes it even worse as I notice it more and more, but I am very concerned about the possibility of Ovarian Cancer (since I've read this need to urinate may be a symptom) even though I'm only 21!

I don't have an insurance and have been badgering to try to get one quickly enough, to no avail... at least not so far.

Anyone ever had this? :(

Mirabelle
15-11-11, 18:45
Damnath
This could be due to Cystitis which is very common in young women. It is often called Honeymoon Cystitis as it can be worse after sex.
The way to treat it is to always get up and pee after sex, this prevents the cystitis starting up. If you get the symptoms drink lots of barley water or Cranberry juice, this alters the ph of the urine to help with the cystitis.
The weird feeling you describe when peeing which is pleasure/pain is very common.
xx

miniholly
06-12-11, 20:18
How odd I have the same thing for around the same time!
I was diagnoised with cystitis in September with a dipstick test and had antibiotics to clear up the infection but I still have the urge to pee but I've found its worse a week before my period and a bit after too it's so weird.
I've been back to my doctors for it for a swab which was negative and a urine culture which was borderline so I have to go back and do another one.
I have no idea what is causing your symptoms but it could be mild cystitis like I'm going to assume mine is so might be worth getting a dipstick done at the doctors :-)

PinkRoxy
07-12-11, 08:03
Ask your gp for oxybutynin then take it around the time you get the urge to go, its really good and works well. I take it everyday and went from needing to go every half hour or so to only needing to go about two or three times a day its a huge improvement and I never had to go so minimal ever in my life. I feel like a normal person in my 20s now.

I so would mention it aye.

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

Also yes I think its quite commone for your period to make your bladder worse I think its because we suffer so much down in the ovary area that it affects the organs arounf it such as your bladder, bowels and even your stomach.

I am so sore and sensitive in all those areas that I just dont function during my menses my life is a living hell in fact during that time of the month.