PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again

anxagain
15-11-11, 11:49
I'm absolutely devastated, after 4 year of successfully managing my anxiety, I am now freaking out because my wife had her smear test and had to have a swab done due to suspected Thrush.

I'm now convinced that I have given her something that will show up on the swab and I will end up loosing my wife and children.

Mad really because I have been completely faithful and even before meeting her I was quite careful, and I've not had an symptoms. I have pretty much no reason at all to worry, but I have suffered from anxiety for 20 years and my brain can switch from rational to convinced the world is about to fall around me, in a split second.

I can't think of anything else, I have withdrawn, I'm convinced I'm heading for disaster, despite being fully aware I have suffered similar worries for many years and it has never come to anything.

I'm so annoyed that this has happened, I feel like I will never truly beat this anxiety curse.

nomorepanic
15-11-11, 14:11
Hi

Thrush is not necessarily passed on from a partner. Loads of women get it.

I found this for you:

Thrush is a yeast infection, usually caused by a yeast-like fungus called Candida albicans.
Many women have Candida in the vagina without it causing any symptoms. Hormones in the vaginal secretions and the friendly vagina bacteria keep the fungus under control. Problems arise when the natural balance in the vagina is upset and Candida multiplies.

Vaginal thrush isn't a sexually transmitted infection but it can occasionally be passed on during sex. So, if you have thrush it's best to avoid having sex until you've completed a course of treatment and the infection has cleared up.