PDA

View Full Version : Hardly any appetite ? feeling sick?

MissSunshine
15-11-11, 19:01
Hi..
So I know why my anxiety is back. Its because I am not eating, and why am I not eating? well I feel sick most of the time for no reason.. which obviously leaves me to no appetite, and then my anxiety kicks in and im so depressed because of it :(
who has been in the same position as me and what can i do about it :( not eating is leaving me feeling weak and I love my food, just not anymore!! :(

zippy
15-11-11, 19:10
Yes i know where your coming from i posted this morning about constantly feeling sick. I ususally love my food but i just have no appetite and loose bowels in the morning. Its awful its a vicious circle we are anxious so we have no appetite, we dont eat much so we lose weight, we worry because we lose weight that we have a terminal illness. In fact the last few days i have been forcing myself to eat rubbish i.e chocolate,crisps etc and i am still losing weight.

MissSunshine
15-11-11, 19:13
Hi zippy thanks for your reply I will have a read of your post too.
I lost a lot of weight last year due to this, and I do not want to go back there again. Chocolate used to be a pleasure of mine but as you said I have to force it down me!
Are you going to go to your doctor? I am hoping they will give me something to reduce the sickness

zippy
15-11-11, 19:18
Going to docs in the morning to ask for something to help with the nausea. Its just so frightening feeling sick constantly and losing weight. How long did your nausea last last time? What has triggered yours off?

MissSunshine
15-11-11, 19:25
I hope you get something that works.
I know what you mean I felt that way last year, but had bloods done and all came back apart from high platelets but my doc said not to worry about that.
I am having my bloods done again just to make sure everything is ok.
Last time it was 24/7 I didnt feel hungry at all, but this time, I have times where I am okay..and can eat dinner but tonight im having to force it down me. This year I think it was just the fact the weather is dull and I suffer from SAD. So my anxiety came back with that.I do have IBS, but im on tablets for that and they work because I have no pain anymore but its just the sickness thats getting me

zippy
15-11-11, 19:34
I am wondering if i have ibs because i have terrible pains in my stomach/back/side and loose bowels and wind and my stomach feels really tender when i press on it. What symptoms do you get with your ibs?

MissSunshine
15-11-11, 19:59
The symptoms I had of ibs was terrible, can say it was the worse 2 weeks of my life
I was in pain all the time I even went to A&E I kept needing the loo and even after passing a bowel movement.I had bad belly pains and my back was aching. I was eventually put on mebverine and since then its gone, im on the pill twice a day

zippy
15-11-11, 20:08
Was your belly tender when you press it in? Mines all tender around my belly button and underneath. Unless its just anxiety making my stomach sore.

MissSunshine
15-11-11, 20:19
it could be gas, i can remember it being slightly tender. i remember once getting a ripping pain when stood up near my belly butto earlier this year and the doc gave me tablets for gas!

Natalie x
15-11-11, 22:16
Sorry to hear you are feeling horrible. I too have been having the same problem. For the past few weeks, I have been feeling sick every day and losing my appetite, bringing most of my lunch back from work most days. I have been under a lot of stress lately with being particularly busy at work and juggling college and assignments. I also feel like I am going back to my paranoia stage, constantly worrying about my driving, if I've went through a red or amber light when I shouldn't have, passing a speed camera and not noticing. I put the sick feeling and horrible feeling in my stomach down to the anxiety and worry. Hope you feel better soon :hugs: x

PinkRoxy
15-11-11, 22:47
Hi..
So I know why my anxiety is back. Its because I am not eating, and why am I not eating? well I feel sick most of the time for no reason.. which obviously leaves me to no appetite, and then my anxiety kicks in and im so depressed because of it :(
who has been in the same position as me and what can i do about it :( not eating is leaving me feeling weak and I love my food, just not anymore!! :(

Honey I was just like you about 5 years ago well around that time.
I was about 20 yrs old and before I felt like you did I was a happy bubbly on the go healthy didnt worry much at all and I would eat what I wanted and liked and like you I love my food too.

I was always really slim growing up and rght into my 20s.

However one summer I ate some hot chips that were not quite right and after that I felt really ill in my stomach. I thought it was just a stomach bug or something but then as the days went on and everyday I would eat something small and feel really sick afterwards.

Does your tummy feel like its just letting the food sit in there and you feel yuck? Mine did at the time and that whole year I had a huge battle.

I went to the doctor not my usual one because she was away so I saw another female doctor who was not very helpful at all even though I had some blood tests and nothing showed up.

The stomach thing still continued and I went to my usual doctor who gave me som more tests and even an ultrasound at the hospital and nothing showed up so my doctor diagnosed me as having Irritable bowel syndrome.

I spent that year taking alsorts of products such as aloe vera juice, probiotics, fibre drinks and even digestive enzymes even though some of it did work it never actually fixed the problem and I was still having problems and couldnt eat like a normal person.

I lost weight I hated the way I looked I would love to have put on weight and I was feeling left out and like I didnt fit when other girls would complain about putting on too much weight because I was just so skinny and wish I shared the problem of cant stop eating junk food and putting on the weight.

Anyway I was anxious about it and went to see a natural path which was expensive and wasted all my money because it didnt work either, she was telling me all of these silly and pointless things that were wrong with me, I listened at first but it wasnt really getting fixed and they were pointless things anyway.

It actually took me about three years after that before I started eating normally and feeling more healthier and started putting on the weight and for the first time in my life experienced putting on a bit too much weight :) I know I loved my junk food, but now I balance it out and try to manage my weight.

Anyway when I got diagnosed with IBS I never had anything wrong with my bowels or any pain or spasms at that time as that came about a year later.

So whether you are experiencing the beginning of developing irritable bowel syndrome or not. I would talk to your doctor about it anyway and go through some tests to find out.

Hang in there honey and I'm sure it will get better but I wouldnt say its anything serious and I still go through situations where everytime I eat I feel really sick afterwards even if its something small or I have days where I cant eat at all because my tummy is just so screwed up.

But if I saw this post five years ago it would be like I would have written it. I thought I had like a stomach bug for like a month lol before I went to get it sorted.

Good luck honey.

MissSunshine
16-11-11, 13:52
Oh dear Natalie it does sound like your in the same situation I hope you feel better soon too :hugs:

Pink roxy, I feel for you because its not nice at all! sounds like you have been through it the past few years, the kind of sick feeling I can describe is like car sickness, and even tho im never sick the feelings always there, I do have IBS but I dont know if its linked and if it is a tummy bug its lasted 2 weeks!
Today I have woken feeling very sick, i cant think of one meal I fancy!

I am glad your feeling better now and on the right path to gaining weight but also keeping healthy xx Thanks for sharing your experience