PDA

View Full Version : Holiday nightmare!

Beenthere
15-11-11, 20:55
Ok,am now counting down to going away on Sunday for two weeks. What a nightmare

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Ok,am now counting down to going away on Sunday for two weeks. What a nightmare

I am flying to Lanzarote for my husbands 40th birthday. I am not keen on flying and don't like going to stay a hotels where I have not been before. Hence why for the last 6 years we have always gone to our own apartment in Spain. There I have all my own belongings and familiar things around me. Don't get me wrong, it's not always panic free . I still have to increase my medication etc.

So why Lanzarote? It was my first ever holiday abroad with my husband 18 years ago and I spent 4 days out of 7 in hospital suffering s major panic attack. So I guess I am wanting to face this demon head on try a deal with the bad memories that I have of that holiday. Even if that means eating a meal in the restaurant. Too stay and confront my worst fears and deal with them .
I have increased my mess and have diazapam if necessary. I just hope that this is the right thing to do?
I can't hide any of the symptoms from my husband as he knows every trick in the book.

pinkdove
15-11-11, 21:51
Hope you have a lovely holiday, and hopefully stress free, you are so brave to face your demon's and hopefully they will not be as bad as you think, good luck and have a great time x

Beenthere
16-11-11, 13:23
Thanks Pinkdove x

happydylbob
16-11-11, 14:15
Hello
We flew back from Fuerteventura 2 weeks ago. I like you was very apprehensive about going before hand especially the flying. Someone on here recommended to try turning the negative thoughts into positive ones about going on holiday and focus on all of the good things we were going to do. I did this and it really seemed to help. Every time a negative thought crept up I tried to replace it with something positive to look forward to.
There were times when I was panicky however I was able to relax most of the time and can honestly say I had a fantastic holiday with my family. (We could see Lanzarote from our island).
A bit of sunshine always helps too weather was gorgeous so hopefully will be the same for you.

Enjoy x