PDA

View Full Version : One boob bigger....

kah
15-11-11, 21:06
Hey ladies,
For months I've noticed that one of my boobs is bigger than the other, it's fairly noticable! I keep meaning to mention it to the doc but have never got round to it. However, I was just reading someone elses post about lumpy breasts and they had been referred to the breast clinic and now I'm in a bit of a panic as the bigger boob is very very lumpy but I just always assumed it was fatty lumps (very niave of me:blush:) that are harmless.
I should also say that a year ago I had to go to the breast clinic as the same boob was leaking discharge, they did an ultrasound and said everything was fine. Could things change that quick???

I'll call the docs for an appt tomorrow but don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight now :weep:

K xxx

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

....oh I should also add that I've had blood tests in the past 12 months and apart from my WBC being slightly low everything else was fine. Would my bloods show up anything sinister??? Also I have managed to put on some weight over the past 6 months which is a good sign surely?????

Am in real panic mode now!!!

K xx

Anxious_gal
15-11-11, 21:39
has your weight changed at all?It is normal to have one boob bigger that the other, so any changes to weight can make it more noticeable.
Also with aging your breasts can change shape.

kah
16-11-11, 07:48
Thanks for replying.
Yes in the past 6 months to a year I have put on a stone (which doesn't sound much but I really struggle to gain weight!), I now weigh just under 10 stone which is the most I've weighed for years!
The thing is when I used to weigh this much years ago they were always the same size. Also, the bigger one didn't gradually get bigger as my weight went up, it seemed to just get big over-night!

Would blood tests show something was wrong?? Can't believe I'm panicking over something else again :weep:

K xx

kah
09-12-11, 19:26
Sorry for resurrecting this post again but I'm getting more & more worried as the 'bigger' boob is getting bigger and bigger. I'm due to go back to see my GP in a week & half so she can check to see if the lumpiness is any worse but she doesn't seem worried about it's size.
Should I be worried, anyone gone through anything similar??? Panicking too as only 1 response last time and of course I'm thinking that's because no-one else has been through it and it's a rare thing to happen!!

Thanks ladies

K xxxx