PDA

View Full Version : Being hard on myself!

Hayley1982
16-11-11, 15:41
I'm allways being hard on myself thinking I'm no good for noone and I'm useless. On my days off I get mad with myself for staying in allday doing nothing but I guess it's ok to have relaxing days. I'm allways doubting myself tho and thinking I look a mess etc. Anyone else like this?? X

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Soo fed up :-( x

Moggo
16-11-11, 16:13
I am exactly the same. Feel I am a complete loser, unlovable and a complete embarrassment :(

I guess it is the anxiety/depression talking? I believe it though :(

You are not alone.

Maudlin
16-11-11, 18:33
More often than not, whether at work or in a social situation, I overuse the word 'oh, sorry!' and act and feel (which is horrible!) as if I should apologize for just being there and existing! Some nice people have told me a thousand times that there was no reason for this attitude, but it has not helped my self-esteem at all. Anyone has the same problem? Makes life so difficult!

rosa_j_t
25-11-11, 11:09
Maybe it would help to spend some time writing down things you like about yourself. And if that's hard, imagine it was someone who's been nice who was saying it, what would they say? Easier said than done, I know. I too beat myself up about stuff, even when I know deep down that it's not my fault, somehow I still feel a bit guilty and ashamed.

But how about turning what you've just said on it's head? So instead of thinking that you say 'Sorry' too much, maybe that's a positive quality. It sounds like you're very considerate of other people, and that's wonderful! Frankly, I think a lot of people could do with saying Sorry more, there are plenty of people in the world who can't ever bring themselves to say it, and others who seem completely oblivious to how their actions affect the people around them.

I see this just from one tiny thing you said, that you'd thought was a self-criticism. Imagine if you could turn everything negative you think about yourself on its head!