PDA

View Full Version : nan lump on nose

Em.ma
16-11-11, 15:28
Hi my nan has a small lump on her nose. at first it was a spot- now gone, now a lump there.......... she had a cold two weeks ago which has cleared and this is still here. worrying its the BIG C.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

i cant cope with loosing her :(

nomorepanic
16-11-11, 15:33
Emma - it is probably nothing at all. Try not to be so negative and assuming everything means death and cancer.

spots can leave lumps!

Fly away Katie
16-11-11, 15:39
I'm a beautician. These spots are called 'Papules' it's a different kind of spot that will go when it's ready. Your nan is normal x

blondinou
16-11-11, 19:00
If this helps you stop worrying:
1. Like Katie said, lumps on the face are most likely a nasty kind of spot or something that will go away
2. If it was actually cancer, the kind of skin cancer that occurs on the face in lumps is called BCC (basal cell carcinoma) or SCC (squamous cell carcinoma). It is pretty common and really, really mild and never ever spreads around the body leading to death like 'proper' cancer does. They can just be surgically removed and that's that - nothing like 'the big C', more like a 'small c'. My stepmum had a BCC on her lip and had it removed ages ago and she's fine.

If it's there for a couple more weeks or gets bigger, suggest she sees the doctor - but I really do believe that this is nothing that would cause your nan any real harm at all. :-)

Em.ma
16-11-11, 19:06
Thanks everybody x really helped a lot. It was a spot which went and now the lump. She doesnt take much notice of it so i will try not to x