PDA

View Full Version : Having an Anxiety Attack Right Now

Whyme
16-11-11, 18:53
I'm in the middle of a Anxiety attack right now

My arms and legs feel so strange, they look fine but feel shaky I even feel a bit dizzy. I have already made a million trips to the bathroom but really don't have to go but when ever I have these attacks I always have the sensation that I have to go.
No matter how many of these attacks I get or how often I get them they still scare me , I live in fear everyday it's so down right depressing I want to cry.
How can a person like myself who once was very active and social become this scared person living in fear waiting and thinking I'm going to pass out or die at any moment, those feelings make it all the more harder to get through an attack when them come because the more I think of it the more scared I become and the more scared I become the more symptoms I get and the longer they last.I try to talk myself down from it and I practice breathing in and out slowly sometimes it works sometimes it does not like right now nothing seems to be working.
I feel so alone because no one understands they just keep telling me everything will be alright or they say stuff like walk it off, it's nothing, mind over matter that one bugs me most it's not like I choose to feel this way I just do and I have very little control over what my body does.
I hope this episode passes soon but I never know how long it will last it could be over in a few minutes or it can take a few hours I just never know.

nicola1980
16-11-11, 19:19
Hope your ok, try to concentrate on your breathing, slow deep breaths, in thro your mouth for 7 and out for 10 pursing your lips, it will pass just try not to fight it x x

Whyme
16-11-11, 19:28
Hope your ok, try to concentrate on your breathing, slow deep breaths, in thro your mouth for 7 and out for 10 pursing your lips, it will pass just try not to fight it x x

Thank you it's starting it go away now. I hate them, but it's so nice to find others like myself who understand how I feel

nicola1980
16-11-11, 19:35
There awful and its easy 4 me to tell you how to cope when your having one but believe me i loose the plot sometimes when i get them and make myself 10 times worse! Glad its passing x x

AngelHeart
17-11-11, 22:57
Hope your feeling better today ! I totally sympathize with you , they are very scary and some can come without warning. I usually sit at the front door when I get mine as I find the cold air helps. I do get a bit shiverery though lol. :hugs: xxx

bonnie1980
18-11-11, 12:57
try sips of water too x:hugs: