PDA

View Full Version : For those dear to us

Bill
16-11-11, 20:48
I feel in our lives we all dream of that special person who can understand how we're feeling without us saying a word, who is always there for us to provide us comfort, who we can always turn to in our hour of need, who can always help us smile again and who always makes us feel loved and needed.

Well, I wrote this poem recently in honour of those people who are so special to us. My only wish is that it makes you smile.:)

My Precious Star

Thank you for being the person you are; my bright shining star,
Who guides me through my darkest days when life becomes too hard,
Supportive in everything you say and do,
Caring like no other in our bond so true,

With words of wisdom and comfort,
Lifting me from my despair, pain and hurt,
Wiping my tears of rain as they fall,
Keeping me strong each time I call,

My most treasured dear confidant who is always there,
When my nerves are shredded, my feelings laid bare,
You are my special sunrise that follows the night,
The glowing hope that keeps my flame alight,

When I am drowning in stormy waves,
You glide down on your wings to keep me brave,
To carry me away,
To hold me safe,

Of all the lights in the dark night sky,
I look for you wherever I lie,
For you gleam with a power so bright,
That outshines the millions before my sight,

If you ever faded, if I could never find you,
If I never again saw you emit your beautiful sparkle so true,
I would be lost in deepest darkest space,
For you are my dearest precious star, my everlasting unceasing solace.:hugs:

blue moon
16-11-11, 21:34
Good Morning Bill x you have put smile on my face this morning with your lovely poem,I do hope you are well and getting out more meeting people,I have news for you will pm
Love Petra xx:hugs:

nicola1980
16-11-11, 21:53
:D beautiful :D described my mum to me to a t! x x

Bill
16-11-11, 21:57
Nicola:hugs:

You and anyone else are most welcome to print it and hand it to that special person(s) in your life if you think they would like it.:hugs:

Petra:hugs:

I look forward to reading your pm later.:hugs:

nicola1980
16-11-11, 22:05
Nicola:hugs:

You and anyone else are most welcome to print it and hand it to that special person(s) in your life if you think they would like it.:hugs:

Petra:hugs:

I look forward to reading your pm later.:hugs:

Thankyou i def will x x

Bill
16-11-11, 22:38
You're very welcome Nicola.:hugs: I hope it makes her smile...or even tearful because then I know it's had the effect I hope for.

I miss being able to share such things with my mother. Make the most of her. She sounds a very special lady with a daughter in her image.:hugs:

nicola1980
16-11-11, 22:44
You're very welcome Nicola.:hugs: I hope it makes her smile...or even tearful because then I know it's had the effect I hope for.

I miss being able to share such things with my mother. Make the most of her. She sounds a very special lady with a daughter in her image.:hugs:

Thankyou she has been my rock and my support blanket euen tho im 31, married with a 10yr old son *blush* she is amazing to me :bighug1: x x

blue moon
16-11-11, 23:02
I send this poem to my friend.:weep:

Bill
29-11-12, 07:22
I posted this thread a year ago soon after losing my mother. A year on and I'm missing her being around just as much.

For all those who have a precious star in their lives, make the very most of them, tell them how much you care about them and remind them how much you love them through actions and not just words because time soon goes by. I'm glad I told my mother before I lost her.:hugs: