PDA

View Full Version : Can diarrhea like symptoms be caused by anxiety?

RyanD
16-11-11, 21:50
Hello, i am a 16 year old boy

last week in school, me and my friends forgot to finnish our work I was affraid that the teacher. This morning on the day that I had the lesson again, after I had finnish eating my breakfast, I felt like I needed to go to the toliet and I had a diarrhea sort of poo. I have had a weird feeling and passing wind all day, can anxiety cause all those symptoms or is it ibs?

racdun
16-11-11, 22:10
Hi Ryan
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it was an ongoing thing. Occassional bouts of upset stomach happens to everyone. Yes it can be related to anxiety and ibs but one or two happenings of it does not mean that this is what you have. Remember to breath from your stomach when you are stressed, its an instant calmer.

bottleblond
16-11-11, 22:56
Ryan

In a word..'YES' it can hun. You're quite young so you may not have heard the term 'nervous tummy'. You may have heard someone say ' i
I was so scared, i nearly s**t myself. Sorry to be so graphic but it all stems from the same thing. Being scared or anxious can bring on a sudden bowel movement and yes it can be extremely soft.

It's completely normal and nothing at all to worry about.

Hope this helps.

Take care
Lisa
x

debs71
17-11-11, 01:33
Hi Ryan,

Yes, that is another joyful side effect of nerves and anxiety unfortunately hun.

Every bodily function speeds up when we are nervous (adrenaline being the cause) so we want to pee often, or poo often or sweat like hell, etc. Your excess wind is because of this too...you have an active bowel so the wind makes an exit!!!:D

Don't worry hun. It is totally normal as everyone has said.xxx:hugs: