PDA

View Full Version : changed to contraceptive injection, questions?

Kate21
17-11-11, 14:00
I had my first injection last monday and I've had a bit of spotting and dodgy tummy, crampy pains and a bit nauseas. is this normal? my gp said I could be on and off over the next 2/3 months until my next injection. I'm dead paranoid that I'm going to come on at work or somewhere so I've been using tampons as I hate pads but because it's only light and some times there isn't any spotting I'm now paranoid I'm gunna get TSS or something :/ advice please x

nicola1980
17-11-11, 14:31
Hi i had the injection yrs ago and cant recall having any problems but when i asked my dr about havin it again a few weeks ago he said due to my anxiety and panics he wouldnt let me have it?? X x

Kate21
18-11-11, 13:33
really hmm that doesn't sound good! :/ I feel a bit better today less crampy, I guess I'll just have to see what happens. thanks x

Anxious_gal
18-11-11, 14:15
It's normal!!!
I've researched the hell via google on birth control, spotting, cramps,headaches etc,... are all pretty standard, usually you give it a few goes to see if the symptoms will ease up or not.
With nearly every type of birth control, spotting seems to be rather normal when starting it or after stopping it.
did your doctor not give you any info or a leaflet?

Kate21
24-11-11, 17:36
yes I did get a leaflet but I lost it. Period seems to be dwindling from heavy to light, this is going to be a long however many weeks until my next one :(