PDA

View Full Version : Plugged into the mains

mconlon
29-05-06, 18:50
Has anyone here got a good description of physical sensations in anxiety? I know all about my thoughts but physically I feel as if I am plugged into the mainsand every muscle is tight is pulled in.

When I try to relax I get all sorts of weird sensations like leaps and skin feeling really weird in places. My back and shoulders and chest are really achy-so I leap to conclusions! - and I can't seem to relax.

Does anyone have a quick way of blowin the fuse in my plug and giving me some respite!

MC

ConfusedByLife
29-05-06, 20:32
Best ways to get rid of tension quickly. Diazepam is good. Non-drug related - get away from everyone. Lie down. Close your eyes. Try slow, deep breathing for several minutes. Listen to relaxation tapes (they can make u feel so relaxed it's like nirvana). Exercise is also good to relieve tension. Hot baths and showers help a bit also.

MrMonkey
29-05-06, 23:50
Yup everything confusedbylife said. You could list all the physical symptoms of anxiety but it would take a hell of a long time. The most relaxing position you can try is lying on your back, as this relaxes just about every muscle in the body but you do have to focus - relaxing music will help - focus on each muscle group one by one. Actively tense them, and then release that tension and dwell on the relaxed state.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Southern_Belle
30-05-06, 05:23
Hi,

I do stretches throughout the day. Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to exercising yet but I find if I stretch all day long I don't tend to tense up as much. I especially tend to tense up around my neck, upper arms and shoulders. This has really helped me.

Bel