PDA

View Full Version : heating on- trying to keep calm...

Em.ma
17-11-11, 17:06
Hi. we had our boiler serviced two weeks ago and the heating is on the the 2nd time this autumn/winter....
he replaced some parts etc but i used to be able to hear the fumes leaving now its silence. i assume its ok but Carbon minoxide is a worry. I feel im doing OK but i want to remain at this calm ish level and not raise my panic this evening. any tips? x

theharvestmouse
17-11-11, 17:22
do you have a carbon monoxide detector?

Carys
17-11-11, 17:23
I would assume that if the boiler was serviced, and it was done by someone registered to work with gas, that the possibility of carbon monoxide leakage was checked for. That is usually part of the service of a boiler.

Em.ma
17-11-11, 17:37
Thanks. He used to work for a gas company then went self employed as he didnt like the gas company. no we dont have a a detector x He is registered.
I must say im glad in a way- warmed my room up- was cold last night even with a hot water bottle.

theharvestmouse
17-11-11, 17:39
thought everyone had to have one, you should get one.

Em.ma
17-11-11, 17:51
Its not law but its advisable to have one yes but we dont as i want get in to but because of my parents x

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

just wondered why it was silent when i used to be able to hear it. couldnt help but go check! blooming anxiety ha ha

theharvestmouse
17-11-11, 18:36
I'd advise getting one, they cost less than £30 I think and it would help put your mind at rest.

Em.ma
17-11-11, 19:04
I was thinking of getting one with my xmas money as my parents wont get one.... (long story that i dont want to get in to)e and i have no source of income.... yet
but at least its been serviced. a lot of my friends dont have decetctors which helps me feel better. i know im over reacting a lot haha. x

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

its just hard to keep calm. so im going to read a book and see if it helps x