PDA

View Full Version : chest pain

craigiec
17-11-11, 17:45
just had a chest pain does anyone else get the feeling when u have one that you go all lightheaded and feel unreal as if your gonna pass out any reply would be helpfull thanks and stomach feels all weird

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

or is this just high anxiety levels ??

JulieJay92
17-11-11, 19:26
thats exactly what i get - comes in waves - i can give advice (though i find it hard myself)

try and distract yourself with a good book, lie down in bed and possibly use a hot water bottle

hth

craigiec
17-11-11, 19:29
ty for replying leiajulie at least im not alone with these symptoms as we all know they are very realistic but got to be light at the end of the tunnel :yesyes: :bighug1:

Craigie

JulieJay92
17-11-11, 20:10
you are right :)

there is light at the end - i have had them since 1997 but they are now less frequent thankfully- used to have them daily , now its maybe once a month if even that and i used to make a diary of what i was doiing when the symptoms occured which was great to read back on when i had the attacks as you begin to notice certain triggers (one of my most weirdest ones was watching medical programmes)

craigiec
17-11-11, 20:28
yeah wouldnt have helped watching them .mines just came to full blow 3 months ago its got to the stage im scared to go out gave my job up as there prettywell there all the time at the moment i feel like cant breathe and swallow but that will pass and then il chill out but as many of us know they are scary and frightfull as they say its not a chemical inbalance its not a mental ilness its a behavoural problem ?we programmed our minds with and we let fear get on top of fear i guess

Craigie

AngelHeart
21-11-11, 14:24
I suffer from it too and they are awful and I truely sympathize with you. I only had one Sat night and I was positive I was having a heart attack! But with my breathng technique, 7 in 11 out and distracting myself ( a good book ) I calmed down but I know how hard it is xxxx

ewood79
22-11-11, 22:36
Hi everyone

I too get these little pains, pressure, and pinches around the chest and rib area.....

It's normally after a time of stress, tension or anxiety.... I have had all the tests, Ecgs and stress test, all came back perfect, blood pressure is normal etc but yet like you I still get scared about it.

It's because I think about the symptom and say oh my what's this etc etc and then that fuels the anxiety as you all know.

I just have to get back to thinking better and not dwelling or fearing the worst and when that happens surprise surprise my anxiety and it's symptoms ease off.

It is very hard when you are in the moment and like you I get scared etc but we are not alone!

ankietyjoe
24-11-11, 17:30
This is a common symptom for me as well, although I've almost got to the point now where I can accept the sensations without flipping out too much.

The key as always (for me) is slow and deliberate breathing, but also just telling myself it's just another symptom of anxiety that'll pass in a few minutes.

lanah123g
26-11-11, 21:34
ok so whenever i go for a walk for like 20 to 30 minutes i get chest pain , it feels like pressure and tightness , no other symptoms , and now im home its eased up but still achy , can anxiety cause this and why when i was only having a nice stroll , i didnt feel anxious at all till the pain started in my chest , anyone have anything similar , im only 30 and not over weight , eat healthy but why pain from gentle walking , i hate it its the worst symtom i get is chest pain and can last 10-20 minutes or hours