PDA

View Full Version : Lump in groin. Think it's a swollen lymph node.

Worried_Male
17-11-11, 18:42
It's on one side, about the size of a small pea. Doesn't hurt and it isn't tender.

I'm really worried. I had a really bad dark red bruise near there a few days ago. It was so bad blood looked like it was about to come through the skin. Could it be related. I'm really panicking.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

I'm thinking about going hospital. I'm really worried!

Worried_Male
18-11-11, 12:20
Any advice please?

baileys
18-11-11, 12:30
Why are you going to the hospital.....what are you worried about.

Worried_Male
18-11-11, 12:38
Why are you going to the hospital.....what are you worried about.

I didn't end up going to the hospital but i'm really concerned.

Why would this lump appear? I'm scared it's something serious.

baileys
18-11-11, 12:48
lymph nodes can swell up quite often for lots of reasons. you could have a slight infection somewhere that you are unaware of causing it to swell. You can cut your toe and the nearest lymph node can swell up.
I had one on my neck for 3 years and it wasnt until i had a tooth out and it went down that i realised that that was the cause.
Go and see you doc if it dosnt go down, i bet they spend half the day feeling nodes from worried people.

Worried_Male
18-11-11, 12:53
lymph nodes can swell up quite often for lots of reasons. you could have a slight infection somewhere that you are unaware of causing it to swell. You can cut your toe and the nearest lymph node can swell up.
I had one on my neck for 3 years and it wasnt until i had a tooth out and it went down that i realised that that was the cause.
Go and see you doc if it dosnt go down, i bet they spend half the day feeling nodes from worried people.

Do you think the bruise i had may have caused it? It was a pretty bad bruise and took nearly 2 weeks to go.

baileys
18-11-11, 13:01
Do you think the bruise i had may have caused it? It was a pretty bad bruise and took nearly 2 weeks to go.

I dont really know if a bruise can make a node swell up, i soppose its possible. But no doubt you are reading all the other stories of people with swollen nodes and you will see how common it is and the reasons are nothing serious.

Worried_Male
18-11-11, 18:06
I read that trauma or an injury to the leg can cause the lymph nodes in the groin area to become enlarged.

It must be that horrible bruise i had. Can't think of what else it could be?

baileys
18-11-11, 18:22
You are probably right, i dont read so i dont know, im sure it will go down soon they usually do, but its not worth worrying about because its so common for nodes to become swollen.

Worried_Male
18-11-11, 18:30
You are probably right, i dont read so i dont know, im sure it will go down soon they usually do, but its not worth worrying about because its so common for nodes to become swollen.

I have doctors on Monday so i think it will definitely be worth mentioning. Going to try and take my mind off it.

Thank you for your replies.

baileys
18-11-11, 18:36
I have doctors on Monday so i think it will definitely be worth mentioning. Going to try and take my mind off it.

Thank you for your replies.
You are we welcome, It is worth mentioning to your doc but im sure he will say the same.

Jack1231
19-11-11, 12:20
The size of a small pea?! That's miniscule!

Wikipedia says the NORMAL size for lymph nodes is beween a few mm to about 2CM.

So you're in the normal range.

EVEN if you weren't, it'd be an infection or something, that's why the enlarge.

If you think it's cancer, it's very rare for cancer to start in the nodes of your groin.

I've seen 3 doctors for lymph nodes so i think i'm a reliable source. Chill.

Worried_Male
19-11-11, 12:47
But there is no lump on the other groin so it's obviously not meant to be there, and i have never felt it before.

MissSunshine
19-11-11, 15:35
Hi!
Dont worry!
I had this a few weeks back, thought the worst. My doctor told me it was a cyst and it would go down, and it did after 2 weeks! she gave me a long name for the cyst I will try and find the paper she wrote it down on if you like I am sure it begins with B and I am sure both males and females get it. But as always going to the doctor will always put your mind at ease.
Take care and try to enjoy your weekend.

Worried_Male
19-11-11, 18:58
Well just had a bath and give it a good examination. The lump feels like it's attached to what i can only describe as a thin tube. When i run my finger along this 'tube' it runs to the back of my thigh, right under my bum.

Whatever this is it's not on the other side.

My thigh muscle's are really aching from a heavy workout i did on my legs 2 days ago. Could there be any relation?

Worried_Male
21-11-11, 09:29
Just got back from doctors. She had a feel and said it wasn't a lymph node as it's not in the right place and that it wasn't a hernia. She said she didn't really know what it was only that it doesn't feel like anything to worry about. Guess I will just have to accept it.

Greenman50
21-11-11, 17:14
Hi mate
If i checked my legs etc for lumps like i used to i know i would find something different on one side of my body from another . If the doc thought it was something worth looking into they would have said .
I reckon its that work out mate or it could have been there for years and you havn,t noticed it before .
I went the docs 20 years ago with a large lump under my arm , its not a node and its still there , its a fatty diposit thats all :yesyes: