PDA

View Full Version : any advice please

cathycrumble
17-11-11, 19:13
Think I am going to give in and take a low dose anti depressent as can't relax to help myself with these Blood pressure fears wouldnt mind last reading was normal I just think I am too excausted to help myself. SO gp has perscribed 25mg of Amitriptyline. What I would like to know is does it help with anxiety and depression. or should I go back to gp and ask for another ie Prozac. I did take citalopram and they did not help me at all.

Any advice would be appriciated

Cathy xx

baileys
17-11-11, 19:24
Think I am going to give in and take a low dose anti depressent as can't relax to help myself with these Blood pressure fears wouldnt mind last reading was normal I just think I am too excausted to help myself. SO gp has perscribed 25mg of Amitriptyline. What I would like to know is does it help with anxiety and depression. or should I go back to gp and ask for another ie Prozac. I did take citalopram and they did not help me at all.

Any advice would be appriciated

Cathy xx
I replyed to you about your BP on the other thread you wrote on. Did you read it or didnt it help:shrug: 128/80 isnt high BP. 25mg of amitriptyline isnt really high enough to reduce anxiety and depression but it ay relax you a bit.

cathycrumble
17-11-11, 19:47
Hi Bailys

And thanks for your reply I do remember you righting to me. I will go back and re-read it again. I had lots of bad things last year mariage break up, lost my job. and so on. I feel that my nerves are in tatters and I just cant make my brain think rational. As I have been told by my gp your blood pressure is fine come back in 12 months. Why oh Why can I not get it into my thick skull that my bp is ok? That is why I feel maybe an anti depressent will help me. Also I have very bad white coat syndrome and go sick as soon as I see a BP machine. I never used to be like this. Its driving me crazy. I had to take a diazipam this morning at 5am and then couldnt stop shaking and I ended up calling the crisis team at my local hospital to help me calm down. :ohmy:

Cathy

nicola1980
17-11-11, 20:10
Hi so sorry your still struggling :hugs: if i was u id try another ad rather than amitryptaline, there r better ones out there, i tried a similar med dosulepin and it didnt help my anxiety at all, theres prozac, mitz etc that r all supposed to help anxiety x x

cathycrumble
17-11-11, 20:47
Yes nicola that's what I was thinking my daughter's friend just told me she is on prozac and is back to her old self. She also said she was on citalopram and was like me with the awful SE. Will have a good think tonight as was going to take the amatrip tonight. I have heard they help you sleep.

Cathy

nicola1980
17-11-11, 21:11
I was prescribed them once just to help me sleep only 10mg and i got palpations all night and was up all night with my heart racing and an awful thirst, my friend changed from cit to prozac and theyve worked wonders 4 her but she had depression not anxiety/panic?? Its just finding what works 4 you x x

cathycrumble
17-11-11, 21:18
Nicola do you take AD and if so which ones are you on?

Cathy xx

nicola1980
17-11-11, 21:27
I take cit just upped to 30mg after 8 wks had awful side effects infact worse than awful but slowly getting there considering i was the lowest i think i could have got b4 with anxiety and panic attacks x x

cathycrumble
17-11-11, 21:41
No just couldnt go on them again. cit awful made me worse I think if I hadnt have gone on them I am sure I would have got over this fear and anxiety by now. I really do. I feel they prolonged my agony. However, If they work for you that is great. and keep going

Cathy xx

nicola1980
18-11-11, 06:56
I know alot of people that cant tolerate cit, i really hope you find something that helps you x x

cathycrumble
23-11-11, 22:02
How are you doing on cit? I still havnt taken the Amitriptyline still pondering as what is the point if they don't work. I feel I need somthing to ease my anxiety/depression. I just f******g HATE IT!! it is ruining my life. Going GP on monday for a chat. need some help.

Cathy xx