PDA

View Full Version : Hi there.

x-cupcake-x
17-11-11, 21:29
Hiya,
I'm cupcake and I've been suffering with GAD for about 3 months now. I always had anxiety really but only now has it worsened and is no longer under control. I wake up every day feeling like I'm going to die or that something is seriously wrong with me. So far I've diagnosed myself with a brain tumour, glaucoma, MS, anaemia, leukaemia, Lyme's disease, heart disease (and attacks) and gall stones. None of which I actually have. I have. Job, rent a house, own a car, rabbit, a husband and some children but still everyday the anxiety is relentless. I worry about things that have happened, the things that might happen, the things that will happen and the things that wouldn't happen, I worry about EVERYTHING. Physical symptoms wise, I suffer with: head aches, bubbling/popping/tingling/burning/itching in my head, heart palpitations, heart slowing down, heart flutterings, feeling like my heart js double beating, heart missing a beat, heart pounding, crushing feeling in chest (and head sometimes too), feeling like I've got a bruised breastbone, bubbling
in chest, buzzing in head and body, I get dizzy easily, feel like when I'm looking at things they are unreal, slight blurred vision in my right eye, sometimes my pupils are different sizes and I'm tired all of the time!!!
Medical procedures wise I've had: a full set of bloods, 3 ECGs, a pregnancy test, a chest x-ray, 2 sugar level tests, an eye test, hearing test and numerous trips to A&E and the doctors and I've had an emergency response team sent to my house at 2.30 in the morning.
So that's me! I look forward to talking to you and fighting anxiety and panic together : ) x

nomorepanic
17-11-11, 21:31
Hi x-cupcake-x

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pinkdove
17-11-11, 22:23
:welcome: to nmp, so sorry you are having such a bad time, but you are not alone, and i'm sure you will get loads of helpfull advice here, i know how hard it can be with anxiety, nothing is rational, but you will get there, and hopefully find some tips and friends here on mnp. good luck x

lynn1960
17-11-11, 22:26
hi you will get there we have all gone trought it it might seem bad now but it gets better day by day but you will get there are you on meds they can help take care

x-cupcake-x
23-11-11, 22:44
hi you will get there we have all gone trought it it might seem bad now but it gets better day by day but you will get there are you on meds they can help take care

The docs put me on sertraline but I stopped taking them as I got worse and it scared me. I thought I could do it alone, although now I'm wondering if I can : ( what helps you? X

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

:welcome: to nmp, so sorry you are having such a bad time, but you are not alone, and i'm sure you will get loads of helpfull advice here, i know how hard it can be with anxiety, nothing is rational, but you will get there, and hopefully find some tips and friends here on mnp. good luck x

Many thanks. How long have you been suffering? X

anxious eddy
23-11-11, 22:51
well hi cupcake you must be my longlost twin lol i feel like im reading my story .well except the rabbit but i got two dogs ,this sites great i always come back to it when i feel crap and it helps me get better again ..... bit like my diazepam lol. i like to read others stories and you realise your not the only one going through stuff so welcome x

Moggo
23-11-11, 22:58
Hi cupcake,

Great introduction, welcome :)