PDA

View Full Version : Do they ever stop?????

cherrysoda
17-11-11, 23:11
I have been having anxiety attacks since 8:30 this morning and it is now 3:07 and I am still having them. I am currently on Citalopram and I take 20mg every morning at 8am. I was sitting in traffic on the way to work and boom it hit me after I had taken my meds. I had to get off of the freeway and take the streets because traffic gives me anxiety. I have been feeling light headed all day, tightening chest, lumps in my throat, pain in my arms, hot sensations and trouble breathing. I am trying so hard to relax all day. I am have been doing the breathing exercises and it works sometimes when I am not so focused on the anxiety. I am so afraid at times that I just dont know what to do anymore. I feel like I just want to stay home and never leave the house.

Does this ever stop? Does anyone have any new suggestions for me.....Please!

nicola1980
18-11-11, 06:53
Hi so sorry youve been having attacks i know exactly how you feel :hugs: how long have you been taking cit? 20mg is only as my doc said a maintenance dose, ive just upped to 30mg as my anxiety and attacks were still bad, maybe you need a slightly higher dose? X x

Veronica H
18-11-11, 10:46
:welcome:to NMP Cheri
There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.( It is a bit old fashioned, but still so relevant).
Here is a link to her site;
http://www.claireweekes.com.au/

This will get better. Veronicax

cherrysoda
18-11-11, 17:32
Hi so sorry youve been having attacks i know exactly how you feel :hugs: how long have you been taking cit? 20mg is only as my doc said a maintenance dose, ive just upped to 30mg as my anxiety and attacks were still bad, maybe you need a slightly higher dose? X x
Thanks for the support. I have been taking Citalopram for about 6 weeks now. I was on 10mg and my Doc increased to 20mg but I still feel like it does not help me all the time. The fact that I had anxiety attacks all day yesterday makes me wonder about the doasge. I almost went to the hospital because I was scared. My husband talked me down off of the ledge again (smile!) and he does try and help me relax.

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

:welcome:to NMP Cheri
There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.( It is a bit old fashioned, but still so relevant).
Here is a link to her site;
http://www.claireweekes.com.au/

This will get better. Veronicax

Thank you so very much for the book suggestion. I just ordered the audio CD. I am thrilled and I cannot wait to get it......Big sigh of relief.... I love this site!

Patcathy
19-11-11, 00:36
No idea.been having them from the first. Somedays are better than others though I'm still trying to figure out what sets them off. The first time was because of a mugging incident but now every near accident drives me crazy. I get palpitations, lump in my throat and shake, also have difficulty breathing at times. My gp put me on propranolol last Friday. Hope you are better now