PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Serious anxiety situation

kittikat
18-11-11, 15:03
OMG I am having a serious anxiety problem...I have to do a 24 mile round trip in the car tonight :ohmy: I have a family member coming along but I am driving. It involves a long un-lit country road and i am in such a panic at the very thought....sick to my stomach, nervous, dizzy palpitations, agitated etc. Any advice to help me through this one, please :wacko: I can take 2mg diaz before I go but no more cos I need to be 'with it' when driving.
Thanks guys :winks:

nicola1980
18-11-11, 15:33
Hi take your diazepam half hour b4 you leave, have u got a calming cd u could maybe play in the car? Keep talking to whoever is with you? You CAN do this and afterwards be proud that youve done it! Good luck :hugs: x x

Anxious_gal
18-11-11, 15:58
How long will it take?
Focus on small goals, like to the end of this road , two turns etc . .
Put some music on too :)

william wallace
18-11-11, 16:59
Give the headlights and windscreen a good clean before your trip. You'll be safer and more confident:)
Good luck..

Jamesk
18-11-11, 17:04
Hi take your diazepam half hour b4 you leave, have u got a calming cd u could maybe play in the car? Keep talking to whoever is with you? You CAN do this and afterwards be proud that youve done it! Good luck :hugs: x x

Be a bit careful with this one, as my relaxation MP3s tend to actually send me to sleep, which is not ideal whilst driving.

kittikat
18-11-11, 17:13
Thanks sooo much everyone...will take all your advice
LMAO about falling asleep to the relaxation CD's :D
Some really good tips. I know I can do it & I will but just feel so awful at the mo, getting worse as the time gets nearer.....:wacko:

haz
18-11-11, 18:00
As others have said, I listen to classical music in the car to help to keep me calm. :)

kittikat
19-11-11, 13:02
Wow!! I done it...thanks to you all, great advice and feeling really proud of myself today :D

nicola1980
19-11-11, 13:05
Well done x x

Mirabelle
19-11-11, 16:00
Well done Kitty
xx

haz
21-11-11, 18:55
Wow!! I done it...thanks to you all, great advice and feeling really proud of myself today :D

Good for you! Well done. :)