PDA

View Full Version : An introduction

Polly-Ann
18-11-11, 19:16
Hey just joined up having been directed here by my mum. I have just been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, prescribed fluoxetine. I have been struggling for a good six months with these problems (particularly issues with self esteem) but think perhaps I have been dipping in and out of depression for many years. Anyways Im told this is a fantastic site for support and getting to know others in the same boat, so here I am!

nomorepanic
18-11-11, 19:28
Hi Polly-Ann

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

lammyman
19-11-11, 10:35
Hi, just joined as I'm looking for some other souls who are suffering the tortures of starting fluoxetine. I took early retirement some 8 months ago and never thought for one minute that I would suffer from depression as I have lots of interests and these kept me ok for a while but I have slowly lost interest in these things and at the moment have no interest in anything. My GP has prescribed 20mg fluoxetine to be taken once daily in the mornings. I have been on them now for 11 days and feel awful. My anxiety levels are through the roof which they were not before. Other side effects are slowly going away, nausia, loss of appetite and the heavy lump feeling in my stomach. Still getting the numb lips and tingle feeling in my right hand. GP says these are sometimes the side effects of depression and should go as the tablets take effect !! How long before I should begin to feel a little better any comments would be helpful as I feel I am slowly going crazy. Thanks.

craigiec
19-11-11, 11:02
Hi welcome to NMPthis is probably one if not the best websites out there for sufferers of anxiety depression ocd etc alot of nice people on here with the same feelings that we get that we thought at one time .we were alone there no doctors but man it sure helps when your in a full blown attack i joined on thursday and reading so many posts i have read with other peoples feeling is an insparation to me also over the left hand side of the website is the symptoms personal members storys but all in all well done to nic and the team that run this forum .alot of work has been done to keep it going i guess but any how il no rabbit on good luck on your journey to recovery .