PDA

View Full Version : Mind questions

JM9258
18-11-11, 23:58
Hey, just wanted to ask anyone who is suffering from anxiety/ocd if they're mind starts asking questions like what if's or like questioning certain aspects of yourself which really aren't you like if you really would hurt someone for example but you know you wouldn't and have no desire to do so, it feels like a constant mental battle and your mind plays games and starts tricking you into thinking you would find it pleasureable when deep down you will NEVER act on it and find it disgusting, frightening etc.

vicky23
19-11-11, 18:46
yeah I get this. It's all just part of intrusive thoughts. Our minds are highly complex and so one level of torment doesn't seem to be enough lol

blondinou
19-11-11, 19:02
I have anxiety (but not OCD) and get intrusive thoughts from time to time... I get images played in my head of something violent and frightening happening to me or someone else I care about. They can spontaneously come on and develop into a proper played out movie clip in my head, and I have to mentally shake myself and say 'why are you thinking about that!!' And then I'm kind of bewildered that my mind has capacity to think such horrible things. So you're not the only one.

JM9258
30-11-11, 00:13
Thanks for the replies, it is good to know that i'm not the only one which is a relief, if anyone wants to talk then feel free to PM me, again thanks for the reasurrance much appreciated :)