PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting thoughts

JM9258
19-11-11, 04:52
Hi I'm a 20 year old male who is having intrusive, unwanted sexual thoughts involving family members, strangers, children that are really freaking me out, I know deep down that I would NEVER act on these as I find them highly disurbing and sick, It's just when I keep suppressing them the more intense they become, I nearly vomited at some of them as they were so disgusting and graphic, what should I do if anyone could help me I will be very grateful, Thank you.

eva82
19-11-11, 08:51
You need to remember that we don't always have 100% control over our thoughts... Our minds are very strange and complex... Thoughts come and go constantly, some sad, some scary, and for anxiety suffers many are just plain unwanted! Unfortunatley, We tend to focus on the bad ones and think "oh my god! Why am I thinking this? I must have something really wrong with me!!" Then, in turn, the thoughts come more frequently and we make ourselves even more anxious because they won't leave us alone. It's the amount of attention, the VALUE, you are giving these thoughts that are worrying you more and more.

You have said they are disgusting, and you would never act on them. So then, why are you thinking of them in the first place? Well, for me it's like why am I always thinking I have some horrible disease, that what if my daughter is kidnapped, my husband dies in a car crash??? I don't want to think these horrible thoughts but they come into my mind unwanted and stay there until I don't give them any more power. If these thoughts continue to get to the point where they are physically making you sick, then maybe it's time to see a therapist to help you through this tough time. my CBT therapist and I had a long talk about intrusive thoughts and he said that he has seen many people with all types of negative thoughts, including sexual in nature. It is a product of the anxious, tired, and racing mind. You are not the only one who has ever thought these things, so if you label them for what they are "sick disturbing and unwanted" you will hopefully be able to realize that they do not define who you are as a person. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help, but I'm here if you need to talk. Xx

william wallace
19-11-11, 09:28
Lots of people have intrusive thoughts. My GP once told me that there were times in church that he had an urge to stand up and shout something rude. Possibly the minister wanted to shout '********' at the congregation. I doubt very much if either the doc or the padre ever actually did it. You cant be sent to prison for your thoughts. The fact that you are so disgusted by these thoughts tells me, and anyone reading this, that you are a good person and would never do anything like that.
All the best WW

will beswick
19-11-11, 09:48
Hi if you take a look at my post back in October - 20th about page 12 at the moment - you will se an Advice Column included which involved the same thing. Cheers Will