PDA

View Full Version : Can't take my citalopram...

lorenza
19-11-11, 18:15
I don't know where its come from but I have this overwhelming feeling that taking citalopram is bad for me. I'm a student so I do drink occasionally but I'm not ridiculous with it, but for some reason I'm convinced that the citalopram will end up really harming me...I'm only on 20mg a day anyway but I haven't taken any for five days and don't want to take it again...I haven't had any side effects, do you think I'm okay with this?

nicola1980
19-11-11, 19:05
Hi how long have u been taking them? and were they heping u? its not advisable to come of any AD cold turkey as withdrawal symptoms can be awful xx

eva82
19-11-11, 19:29
I agree with nicola.. Do not come off of them cold turkey! Also, I think that the overwhelming sense that they are bad for you is your anxiety talking, trying to scare you into coming off of them. That's what happened to me the first time I tried Cit... I convinced myself they weren't going to work, that the side effects would only get worse and within 4-5 Days of taking them I just quit after a bad panic attack. I had worked myself up into such a state that there was no way they would work for me with the thoughts I was
having.

How long have you been on them? If it's been less than 4-6 weeks then you may want to try sticking wih them, as that's how long it takes to start feeling some relief. I'm on my third medication right now and I am trying to be more calm and realistic ... Basically just giving them a real chance to work. After the initial first few weeks, if I am not seeig any benefit or feeling worse I will come off, I'm not saying stay on if you're doing worse than before. Just my opinion... Hope to hear from you soon!