PDA

View Full Version : Small bump on forehead

axxerd
20-11-11, 04:58
So I suffer from health anxiety from time to time. It usually corresponds around the same time as my father (who is ill with leukemia) goes through stressful times with his illness.

This past week he has been battling an infection, and here I am with a bit of a health question in which I'm looking for some thoughts from you guys..

Sometime in late 2006 or early 2007 I developed what appeared to be the start of a unicorn horn in the centre of my forehead, around the place where my baseball hat would rest. It protruded for a few days and was visibly noticeable. Fast forward to Nov 2011, I still have a slight bump there. It isn't big like it was when I first got it, but if i push on my forehead and move my fingers around I can feel it. It feels like a bit of extra bone or something that has grown a little on my forehead. I've gone months and months without thinking of this or noticing it, but when I get stressed (or have sinus issues), I get a tension headache around my brow so I sometimes rub my forehead while working at the computer. This led me to re-discover this bump, and since my health anxiety is on high alert this week, it has led me to post on this forum.

Do you think this is something I should worry about? I have had it for nearly 5 years, and it hasn't grown (and in fact is smaller than it started out). I think the answer is that it isn't something to worry about given how long this has been there without any further problems, but as many of you know, it often helps if someone else responds and offers some support etc...

Thanks!

mikewales
20-11-11, 08:07
Lots of us get random bumps growing on our heads, they are generally completely harmless. I have two on the top of my head, they are just like hard lumps under the skin, neither has grown since they appeared. If yours hasn't got bigger in 5 years, I really don't think its anything to worry about.