PDA

View Full Version : I think im having a panic attack please help,

Em84
20-11-11, 06:39
I've been on Sertraline for 3 weeks although I halved my pill to 25mg the doctor told me to gomback to mymfull dose and to try taking them at night....

I had some alcohol yesterday and took the pill before bed.

I just woke up at 3 to feed my baby andnput her tonbed.

Then I started getting this burning or cold sensation in my body andni feel a little heavy....I'm shaking and I feel likemi can't breath properly...this hasn't happened before just dizziness etc.

Please help me....I'm so tired...the symptoms are still happening...I'm still shaking I feel cold and I'm struggling to take breaths. My arms and legs feel numb...

This has been going on for a good while now...about 25 mins.....

My husbands asleepnand I don't want to wake him, I'm scared I'm going tom die....

I don't know whatnto do...i can't stop crying....

IS THIS A PANIC ATTACK.

---------- Post added at 05:50 ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 ----------

Please can somebody reply,,,I'm so tired but Im still having all of the above...I'm too scared to sleep incase I don't wake up.....

---------- Post added at 06:39 ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 ----------

Ok...so I've calmed down a bit...I now feel super tired, nauseous and still a little funny.
I'm desperate to go to sleep but its now 6:30 and my son will be up soon...I just don't understand what is happening to me. I have had anxiety symptoms for over a year now but nothing like that....when I first woke at 3 i felt fine then suddenly that happened and was on and off.

I've got huge butterflies at the moment and my ears are ringing like crazy...I'm sure this is the Sertraline, as I upped the dose last night

I'm so fed up with this.......

nicola1980
20-11-11, 06:50
Hi hope ur ok? im sat here feeling the exact same at the min, on the verge of a panic attack, trying really hard to calm myself down xx

Em84
20-11-11, 08:14
Aw you poor thing...it's horrible isn't it. Thing is where do they come from...

I'm feeling ok now, still a bit shaky, I told my husband that I had had a panic attack last night and the good morning smile dropped off his face and rather than be sympathetic called me a weirdo and asked whyni had one?

Thank god for these forums...I might not take the Sertraline today or at least if I do take half again.

Are you on any medication?

Xxx

chrissie125
20-11-11, 08:22
I was given sertraline and they made me poorly, i had bursts of no energy and feeling very tired, as if i had low blood sugar! so i told my doctor i was not taking them and had CBT therapy instead as i suffer from panic and anxiety, it sounds like you are working yourself up and that is causing probably half your symptoms, calm down, have 10 mins shut eye to calm your body down and give your doctor a ring tom and see what he suggests, i know some pills work for some and not for others and they do say sertraline are good but iv heard only bad from them xx

nicola1980
20-11-11, 09:14
Aw you poor thing...it's horrible isn't it. Thing is where do they come from...

I'm feeling ok now, still a bit shaky, I told my husband that I had had a panic attack last night and the good morning smile dropped off his face and rather than be sympathetic called me a weirdo and asked whyni had one?

Thank god for these forums...I might not take the Sertraline today or at least if I do take half again.

Are you on any medication?

Xxx
I take citalopram, been on it 9 wks and upped to 30mg on tuesday, was doing ok on the increase untill friday when i went downhill again, im really stuggling at the min, bk at the docs tomo going to c what he says as can't carry on like this xx