PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

supasooz
30-05-06, 09:17
My best friend(L) has asked me to be god mother to her daughter. I am honoured and have agreed.
However recently I have been getting occasional panic attacks particularly around the tme of period. Both the christening and the introductory service fall at this time of the month. I really would like to be god mother, but I would be devastated if I had a panic attack and let L down, spoiling her day.
My sister is also a close friend of L and I was wondering if I should explain the situation to L and suggest that she ask her in my place.
I had decided not to allow panic to stop me doing anything, but I don't think it is fair to fight my demons when there is such a high cost to others if I lose. Do you agree?[Sigh...]

marg
30-05-06, 11:39
hi a few years ago my best friend asked me to bridesmaid at her wedding at first i wanted to do it but as time went on i got more panicy i didnot want to let her down but also i didnot want to have a panic attack in the middle of the service so i went to see my friend and told her how i felt she understood she asked some one else to be bridesmaid i still went to the wedding as a guest and i enjoyed my self we are still the best of friends and she tries to help me with my anxiety i have had panic attacks for 12 years and i have had to miss out on a lot of things that people have invited me to at first i use to make excusses but now i tell the the truth why i can't go good luck marg