PDA

View Full Version : Can't cope anymore help

nicola1980
20-11-11, 09:31
Hi ive been on cit for 9 wks and upped to 30mg on tuesday due to still having panic attacks and bad anxiety, well i was fine on the increase until friday afternoon when the panics and anxiety returned and since then ive been awful, really heightned anxiety on the verge of an attack all the time :ohmy: been retching this morning and literally pacing with my severe anxiety, i feeel like a scared litttle girl :weep: xx

clarebear36
20-11-11, 10:40
Hiya hun, im on that med and it took my body a bit to get used to it. Most anti-anxiety drugs take a while to get in ur system and can make your anxiety worse for a while. Your increase in meds would probably do that. You have to tell yourself its just the meds and it will get better. Try and control your breathing, i breath in from my diaphram slowly for 7 seconds then out through my nose slowly for 11 seconds, it takes a bit of getting useful but it really helps. Also put on some music and clean the house, distraction is great for anxiety. I sometimes call a friend or family member for a chat, i never tell them im feeling bad, i just call someone i know is fun and have a bit of a laugh. Try cutting out stimulants from ur diet also. I hope this helps you as it does me :D

nicola1980
20-11-11, 10:48
Thanks hun how long and what dosage r u on? X x

hartleysjam
22-11-11, 12:14
Awww Hun :( Try and bear with it,It WILL pass or get yourself back to your GP they might be able to knock it down 5mg or something?xxx

Ghosty
22-11-11, 17:26
Hey Nicola1980

I've been on Cit for 6 weeks now (20mg)...what was your starting dose?
Sometimes if you have an increase or jump up in dosage it might knock you back a bit, especially if it's a jump of 10mg or more; I read somewhere that if you are to increase your dosage then do so by 5mg every two weeks (it may be on the Survival Guide, which is at the top of the forum), to give your system time to adjust.

And don't forget, the worse you think you feel then the worse you'll actually feel; the brain can be a mardy little blighter when it comes to being tamed!

Best of luck
Phil

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Incidentally, I forgot to ask; were you ever given diazepam at the start of your Citalopram course? A lot are given it for the first couple or so weeks to take alongside Cit as it takes the 'edge' off the side effects and helps your system cope a little better in the initial acceptance of Cit stages...I was given it and it helped no end.

Just a thought, and if you weren't then it may be worth mentioning to your GP.

Best
Phil