PDA

View Full Version : everything about me :( (Long)

danbryn
20-11-11, 19:11
it started 4 years ago when i left school, i gradually didnt go out and see mates, or go to town as much i liked, didnt have a college place. i first went to the doctors when i was ill a year after that, i got told i had glandular fever, One thing led to another, Everyone around me kept saying u could have agoraphobia, i went against them and decided instead of going to the beach with my family ill walk to my mates on my own (15 mins away). I got half way and suddenly my heart beat went mad, I was extremely hot, hands started to sweat, I just wanted to run home, but the fear that no one would be in got to me more, so i rang my mum and they met me where i was, sitting on the side of the road panicking. After that my mum and dad got more worried about me, and took me to the doctors the next day. my appointment was at 9am, the first appointment so i wouldn't be stuck in a doctors surgery with loads of people. The doctor i saw could tell i was worried, i was shaking and felt dizzy, she said hes just got a little bit of anxiety, if he keeps going out, it will go.

6 months of trying to go out with my mum and dad when they wasn't working, i felt i was getting no where at all!
Went back to my doctors, She said things are hard and to keep at it, Printed me off a few sheets on getting back to work and gave me a relaxation cd.
at the time i thought argh this could be the answer!!

well months after listening and listening, i couldn't get the negative thoughts that came to mind every time i left the house.

back to the doctors i go...
my dad went with me and said that something really needs to happen, dan is doing nothing with his life and its hard work basing life around him (which they were). the doctor said ill get in touch with sorting out counselling for you.
So i left the doctors feeling great, knowing ill be getting help soon.
After waiting 4 months a counselor came to my house to question me and ask 1000 questions, An house later she said i should have cbt and talk to someone aswell.

So i waited another 3 months for a reply and a date to start cbt, a women came to mind, told me how its going to work and try and work out the best route to start off. then she started talking about her going on holiday and how she gets out :\. 3 sessions later, we decided she wasnt helping and my parents got mad at me for discontinuing from recieving there help, when i used to sit there an hour getting jealous and made to feel poo :weep:

i tried again with my parents, printed forms of the net about social anxiety etc. while i was still going through this my mum, dad, sister and her bf decided they wanted to move to lanzarote for a fresh start.
so i had to agree as i cant just stay in england on my own.
later in that year (November) we all decided to go there and look about for somewhere to rent and a buildin to start a cake business.

a week before the date we were flying out the for a week, i went to the doctors and asked for help as i cannot go out let alone go in an aeroplane, they prescribed me Diazepam, so i took that an hour before we left to go to the airport, and again before boarding the plane. i was 100%calm and myself, Which was the first time in 3 years i could say that !.

had the worst week of my life there, stayed in the hotel with someone all the time, had argument's, cried most days, counted down the days till i was going home.

when we got home every one was packing the house and getting ready to move. i went to the doctors and said i cant move, i just cannot do it.

my mum decided to stay here they went, we were heart broken.

3 months of arguing with them, they came back to England, to our family house..
On condition that we would move house.

in the meantime while my mum and dad were looking for somewhere to swap with, i went to the doctors and i was told my normal doctor has left. so i saw a new doctor, explained everything,. got prescribed citalopram and she said about starting cbt again so i had to do it, my life is nothing so boring and nothing to live for...

this is were im at..
we have moved to a quite part of town, im waiting for cbt date to start.
im not able to get out still but i managed to help move everything to our new house, well its a flat in a maisonette. Everyday is a struggle, im getting depressed with myself, still on citalopram. Hoping new year will the year i become myself. i struggle with social anxiety and general anxiety.

do u think cbt will help me ?

if anyone wants a friend, im here. i literally have no friends

Why is life so hard :emot-crying:

nicola1980
20-11-11, 19:30
:hugs: your post really brought tears to my eyes :hugs: Im really struggling myself at the min with anxiety and panic attacks so know exactly how u feel on that, has ur doc never offered u any meds to help with u? xx

Sorry just seen your on cit!! im not with it at the min!! how long u been on it and what dose? this is what im taking? xx

danbryn
20-11-11, 19:42
:hugs: your post really brought tears to my eyes :hugs: Im really struggling myself at the min with anxiety and panic attacks so know exactly how u feel on that, has ur doc never offered u any meds to help with u? xx

Sorry just seen your on cit!! im not with it at the min!! how long u been on it and what dose? this is what im taking? xx

No worrys, I'm not all there atm either.
I'm on 20mg been on them a year I think, keep me calm but not helping with getting out.

How long u been suffering ? :( sorry to hear

nicola1980
20-11-11, 19:46
I was on cit till june this yr then came off them as felt fab!! think i did it too quickly tho and wham come sept the anxiety started and panic attacks again, there was reasons for this tho so not really unexpected! i strarted back on them 9 wks ago and just upped my dose on tues to 30mg but ive had awful side effects this time round with them and im suffering now from the increase :weep: maybe u could do with an increase as 20mg of cit is only a maintenane dose?? xx

danbryn
20-11-11, 19:53
I was on cit till june this yr then came off them as felt fab!! think i did it too quickly tho and wham come sept the anxiety started and panic attacks again, there was reasons for this tho so not really unexpected! i strarted back on them 9 wks ago and just upped my dose on tues to 30mg but ive had awful side effects this time round with them and im suffering now from the increase :weep: maybe u could do with an increase as 20mg of cit is only a maintenane dose?? xx

What side affects you had :( ? Have u had counseilling ?.

Yeah I'll ask my doctor, do they help a lot more ?

nicola1980
20-11-11, 20:01
Ive had heightened anxiety, worse panic attacks, no appetite, restless, shakes and upping to 30mg has increased my anxiety again..ggrrrrr, generally people who suffer anxiety need higher doses of AD's, u can go up to 60mg on cit so 20mg is low, im due to start councilling soon xx

danbryn
20-11-11, 20:10
Oh I definitely think I'll be able to get a higher dose then. Just worried my doc will say no.
Oh dear that sounds really bad :( hope u feel better soon. Are you on a waiting list ?. Is that for cbt ?

theharvestmouse
20-11-11, 20:28
Dan, sorry to read about your story, some of it is similar to mine, for me it happened when I decided to quit uni after 2 years, up until that point I was ok in life, not the most outgoing person but I had lots of friends and never had anxiety. Then gradually it came on and has got worse and worse.

I went to the doctor, I've been on Citalopram for 19 days, and I have my fist CBT session this week. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get back to how I was before all this happend.

Dan you are not alone and this can happen to anyone, and there are people on here who have got over this so take heart from that. I don't know why life is so hard, I think there is a very fine line between things going well in life and not so well, I've asked myself so many times, how did this happen and why? But theres no point, you can only look forward and try to change the situation for the better.

nicola1980
20-11-11, 20:34
Oh I definitely think I'll be able to get a higher dose then. Just worried my doc will say no.
Oh dear that sounds really bad :( hope u feel better soon. Are you on a waiting list ?. Is that for cbt ?
think its CBT?? should hear this wk hopefully, def go back and have a chat with ur doc xx

potato11
20-11-11, 21:51
Hiya!!

I realllllly recommend this online CBT course whilst you're waiting :) it's helped me so much - i've swapped from coming on here for advice/empathy to coming on here purely to recommend it all the time now!!! I found it on here, it's called CBT4PANIC

CBT will definitely help you - it might take some time, but the knowledge and skills you gain from it benefit you a lot.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696

Free 30 day trial so nothing to lose!

best of luck :D

danbryn
21-11-11, 13:29
Dan, sorry to read about your story, some of it is similar to mine, for me it happened when I decided to quit uni after 2 years, up until that point I was ok in life, not the most outgoing person but I had lots of friends and never had anxiety. Then gradually it came on and has got worse and worse.

I went to the doctor, I've been on Citalopram for 19 days, and I have my fist CBT session this week. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get back to how I was before all this happend.

Dan you are not alone and this can happen to anyone, and there are people on here who have got over this so take heart from that. I don't know why life is so hard, I think there is a very fine line between things going well in life and not so well, I've asked myself so many times, how did this happen and why? But theres no point, you can only look forward and try to change the situation for the better.

sorry to hear your suffering too :(.

What dosage are you on ?, Good luck with CBT :) i cant wait to start it.
Yeah definitely got to look forward and not backwards

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

think its CBT?? should hear this wk hopefully, def go back and have a chat with ur doc xx

should be, i think CBT is regarded as one of the best to help people change.
I will Do, just hate being more nervous and tight chested on some days and not on others :weep:

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Hiya!!

I realllllly recommend this online CBT course whilst you're waiting :) it's helped me so much - i've swapped from coming on here for advice/empathy to coming on here purely to recommend it all the time now!!! I found it on here, it's called CBT4PANIC

CBT will definitely help you - it might take some time, but the knowledge and skills you gain from it benefit you a lot.

Ill give it a go, Nothing to lose :D

Thank you for the information,. Good luck to you 2 :yesyes:

theharvestmouse
21-11-11, 19:42
I'm on 20mg, I have not really noticed any change in myself yet, but I felt more positive when I went to the doctor and she prescribed me this and CBT.

Good luck with your CBT and chin up!

RavenLight
21-11-11, 22:22
hey, dan. i'm so sorry you're feeling this. way. i've had anxiety and panic off and on for quite some time. i believe my first panic attack was when i was 5 or so though i, of course, didn't call it that. but, i've had a pretty good life and been able to do lots. recently, my panic and anxiety came back a lot stronger so i've had to relearn a lot of things. but, though it's been a tough and oftentimes scary road, i'm doing pretty well. i'm still learning and growing. and i know what it's like to feel alone and misunderstood. it's such a frightening thing at times and when there's no visible sign that we're not feeling well, i think we fear most people don't really believe us. at least they don't believe that it could be "that bad." but you're going to find a lot of great people here and you'll be making lots of friends. the big thing to remember, and i know this is tough, is that the panic and anxiety won't hurt you. the feelings make it seem like we will get hurt but we're really ok. kind of like a 3D movie. it looks as if it's coming at you but that's because of the glasses. with anxiety and panic we're looking through ultra sensitive glasses. everything is magnified and coming at us. what we have to learn is that it's just perspective. check out claire weekes' books. she's very helpful. one way i've overcome a lot of this is by not letting it stop me. i figure, ok, if i'm going to be feeling this stuff anyway, i might as well go out and do something i want to do instead of being in the house and not doing anything. and i also remind myself that i've felt these feelings before and they didn't harm me. i hope you recover quickly. i have no doubt that you can recover.
big hugs to you from the U.S. i'm here if you need another friend.

william wallace
21-11-11, 22:43
Hiya!!

Spammer:D You should be banned.........

potato11
21-11-11, 22:48
william wallace

I realise that my posts may come across repetitive, but like I said - the programme helped me so much I just want to recommend it to everyone. Nicola (NMP moderator) will tell you how useful it is!

william wallace
21-11-11, 22:55
I'm sure she will but whatever way you dress it up, battered, with a salad, in a stew etc it's called SPAM. There are vulnerable people here, and your heartless Spamming makes me sick. Why dont you make like a tree, and leave:)

nomorepanic
21-11-11, 22:56
Potato isn't a spammer William.

It is a very good programme that yes I do promote on here.

william wallace
21-11-11, 23:01
Potato11 has contributed nothing other than ramming CBT4PANIC down our throats for weeks now. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid:D

danbryn
22-11-11, 15:29
I'm on 20mg, I have not really noticed any change in myself yet, but I felt more positive when I went to the doctor and she prescribed me this and CBT.

Good luck with your CBT and chin up!

How have they told you that your have to wait on the waiting list?

theharvestmouse
22-11-11, 22:26
I've been very lucky in regards to how quickly I am starting my CBT since being referred by my GP, I went to the doctors 3 weeks ago tomorrow and I actually have my first CBT session tomorrow morning. I think it all depends on where you live as to how long the waiting list is. I am in East Anglia and apparently the IAPT programme is good in my area.

Hopefully you won't have to wait long as well.