PDA

View Full Version : CBT...anyone

**whenwillthisend**
30-05-06, 11:54
hi there everyone just a quick question...for those of you who have had CBT...how long have you all had to wait to get referred..??
i went to the doctors this morning with my little boy who has tonsilitis and while i was there i thought i would mention to the receptionist that i hadnt heard anything from my CBT referral...(been waiting going on 3 months) only for her to say she couldnt find the referral and to go back and see the doctor as it looked like it hadnt been sent....i was so mad...she did say the doctor i see on thursday will probably be able to hurry it along...so looks like im back to square one now i was hoping i would hearing something soon...[Sigh...]

reddevil
30-05-06, 12:32
Hi,

I have received a letter regarding my second CBT and the letter says the waiting list is 3 months and I have not been ignored.

I was referred about 2 years ago for CBT and the waiting list was a lot shorter then.

Tony

janie
30-05-06, 14:41
Hi everyone

Yeah its a sorry state of affairs isn't it when you have to wait so long for the treatment. I was the same - my doctor suggested a combination of Prosac and CBT - the prosac I could have straightaway - the CBT was months away???!!!??

So I made enquiries about private treatment on the Wednesday and saw my therapist Friday morning. She's great but it really makes me mad. So many people will not be in the fortunate position I am and they are being left to suffer for months and months. Its a travesty!

Claire Weeks book "Self Help for your Nerves" is wonderful also and may help whilst anyone is waiting for CBT. xx

manmoor
30-05-06, 15:01
I had CBT a year and a half ago and waited 9 months for the referral. While I was getting cbt I felt great but when it stopped I was back to my normal self. The therapist I had was most excellent she knew how I was feeling without having to ask me she was so good. If I could carry a cbt therapist in my pocket 24/7 Id be normal lol. Hope you get you referral soon.

Mandy x